Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cipher Issue

Marsmrz

Question

Ciphers help us to bypass much quicker, especially high level mission. I have been playing this game for like 80 days, in the beginning my ciphers work fine, but afterward(i dont know when), i have a lot ciphers in my inventory and when im trying to hack in the mission, i dont see no cipher that i can use, I guess is a bug. The reason why this issue is bothering me so much is that Im getting ready to do the law of retribution or something, and I just thought ciphers would help a lot. Plz help fix this bug or whatever, thank you!

8 answers to this question

Ciphers can't be used if the player is in the Nightmare Mode, this can also apply to Sorties. Sometimes, it would show you have no Ciphers during a Regular Mission, if this so happens to be the case just restart the game if you have that ability. Hope this helped!

21 minutes ago, (PS4)ExcessiveSteeze said:

In both nightmare and sortie level missions ciphers cannot be used there. Practice without using ciphers. You can use ciphers in the normal versions of the raids but the nm version of raids.

I know that, and im pretty good at hacking i guess, but sometime ciphers do help. And btw i cant use cipher any place even i have 79 of them lol

3 minutes ago, (PS4)imElipthym said:

Ciphers can't be used if the player is in the Nightmare Mode, this can also apply to Sorties. Sometimes, it would show you have no Ciphers during a Regular Mission, if this so happens to be the case just restart the game if you have that ability. Hope this helped!

Thank you tho, but i cant use that even in the normal missions

2 hours ago, Marsmrz said:

Ciphers help us to bypass much quicker, especially high level mission. I have been playing this game for like 80 days, in the beginning my ciphers work fine, but afterward(i dont know when), i have a lot ciphers in my inventory and when im trying to hack in the mission, i dont see no cipher that i can use, I guess is a bug. The reason why this issue is bothering me so much is that Im getting ready to do the law of retribution or something, and I just thought ciphers would help a lot. Plz help fix this bug or whatever, thank you!

What do you mean by you can't use them?

1. Are they on your gear wheel?

2. Sometimes the use button ( Y on PC ) disappears, but you can still press it.

Edited by DimLamp

2 hours ago, Marsmrz said:

Ciphers aren't allowed on certain missions.  Sorties, Nightmare mode, and Raid missions do not allow them, as they are meant to be more challenging.  This is the reason you can't use them on Law Of Retribution (I can only imagine how much easier the sabotage portion would be with ciphers, you'd finish it in like 5 seconds).  However if you are playing regular missions and they aren't showing up, I'm not sure what could be causing that.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)super ninja73 said:

Ciphers aren't allowed on certain missions.  Sorties, Nightmare mode, and Raid missions do not allow them, as they are meant to be more challenging.  This is the reason you can't use them on Law Of Retribution (I can only imagine how much easier the sabotage portion would be with ciphers, you'd finish it in like 5 seconds).  However if you are playing regular missions and they aren't showing up, I'm not sure what could be causing that.

They are available on normal LoR.

5 hours ago, DimLamp said:

What do you mean by you can't use them?

1. Are they on your gear wheel?

2. Sometimes the use button ( Y on PC ) disappears, but you can still press it.

Oh you are right, ciphers weren't in my gears that helped ty so much bud!