Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Ideas and Feedback.

Baigan

I'd like to start by saying that I love the game. The presentation and characterization, art style, the concept, how resource friendly AND how forward and user friendly it is, specially regarding payment methods. Hats off to you guys at DE, I became a fan. Amazing job, all of you. :3

Here is some feedback from my time with the game:

1-Melee

This is probably beating a dead horse, but even tho simple and effective, melee combat feels a bit lacking. We need a bit more of rules and leeway in melee to have it work properly. What kind of weapons stagger, bypass armor, have higher crit...

A simple combo system would do wonders for the system. Say have the timing of the charge attack be affected by factors such as:

Heavy attack: hold E as we use right now.

Heavy thrust: tap E-> and hold E. does something different.

Heavy Spin: tap E->tap E-> hold E. hits enemies around.

and So on...

Or having the hability to actually equip the melee weapon as you would a gun, and have more buttons to press?

Also, I'd love to see more gauntlets.

I know that ranged combat may be superior, and this might be a divide in the opinions for most (why bring a blade to a gun fight?). I just happen to enjoy melee combat the most, and do so whenever possible. So I look forward to a review of the system ^^;

2-Stun Locking and Insta Gibs.

This is something that feels rather infuriating. How many times have you been locked by a few enemies to a rather cheap death? Shield grineers ganging on you no letting you do squat? (a single knock down may mean death, they start shooting like crazy after they make you kiss the ground.) or some shockwave moas chain knocking you down? (i know you can jump over those, but you can't do anything after the first if you got hit...) Laser doors and the angle of doom? Ancients? Plutobosswhosenameescapesme playing soccer with you? the list goes on...

Sure this can be fixed with multiplayer, people are meant to cover and res each other, at least ideally. But often times pubbies either straggle or zip by, splitting and making it difficult to operate under ideal circunstances.

What I'm getting at here is, we need -something- to minimize this frustation. A roll move while knocked down with a few frames of invulnerability? A grace period since the last lock like bosses have? What do you think?

On instagibbing, well, its annoying because there is never too much of a telegraphing for these... killing Vay Hek? All fun and games, gunning him down like Rambo when sundenly BOOM 700 shields and 200 life kind of disapears without warning... When I'm fighting the Jackal it feels fair cuz there is like a 2 second window for you to gtfo or die... Sure it's tight but it's doable. But most of the time, even in the middle of a normal firefight, I suddenly eat a grenade to the face and I'm out cold on the floor, often feeling that grenade wasn't even meant for me in the first place...

3-Love the new enemies, and I'm sure you guys are already looking into the crawlers problems. Grinders however... Love the idea, hate em so much. If they had as much life as cameras I'd be fine, but GOD I swear I use powers to get rid of these. If they were easier to hit I wouldn't be so frustated with em...

Here is some ideas/ suggestions I'd like to throw around.

I-It would be neat if we had enviromental weapons/ special weapon drops mid mission. IE: Heavy Grineer upon death drops his launcher, can be picked up with X and has 12 rounds maybe? I'm sure you guys can think of interesting temporary weapons that we could use to spice up the action some more. ^^

II-Crouching could offer some benefit for shooting. I'm not sure if it does right now besides making you a smaller target. The usual steadier aim comes to mind.

III-I love the jump attacks, but sometimes they feel a bit underwhelming damage wise. The new asteroid base areas have some interesting heights to play around with, so here is a sugestion: Let the damage of the jump attack scale and deal bonus damage the higher you jump?

IV-As more areas are introduced, some that get me itching to see are:

-Space Colonies (with artificial biomes? maybe city like buildings?)

-Planetside areas (volcanic areas for mercury, frozen for pluto and everest maybe? Terraformed locations?)

-Lost Tenno Towers (always wondering what they look like on the inside)

V-Some more varied mini events like the lockdown or breached hull ones. Examples:

-An alert state that keep spawning enemies till a terminal is hacked, or till you "lose" your enemies, metal gear fashion?

-Fire alarms going off and spraying water.

-Solar flares that actually make areas with windows dangerous. (where the light is being projected deals heavy fire damage?)

And that concludes my first feedback/ suggestion post. I do however have a question.

Seeing that Ceres, Eris, Pluto all have enemy lvls past the lvl cap at the moment, are we going to be able to go beyond lvl 30 in the future?

Edited by Baigan