Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meso N4 relics not dropping? (PS4)

I have no idea if it's just me and my squads bad luck or if something else entirely is going on. We've ran countless defense and interception missions trying to farm for Meso N4 relics, we have yet to see any drop. I have seen them in relic packs but no where else where they should be dropping. Anyone else having this much trouble? 

It's not just you. I have been trying to farm NEO S6 (Aegis Guard) Relics for over 3 days now. I was doing Hydron rotation A and Xini rotation A and a few days ago they would drop every 10 or so times. Now I have had 0 drops. I have played them at least 50 times each now. Not 1 single drop. I looked at the drop locations and switched to a survival mission and it dropped on rotation B for me. I kept switching up mission types thinking that would help. And since that survival mission I did still no drops. I think they are artificially lowering the chances on some of these relics. I can live with running 20 radiant NEO S6 and not getting the Aegis Guard to show up. I can't live with not being able to get the relic to do so in the first place. It's very frustrating. It's almost as if they want us to spend platinum and buy it from other players who have had no trouble getting them. Conspiracy theory engage. Who knows really. Everyone says "RNG", but I only encounter this occasionally when it's a specific item that needs to be farmed for weeks on end. It's not fun at all.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

It's not just you. I have been trying to farm NEO S6 (Aegis Guard) Relics for over 3 days now. I was doing Hydron rotation A and Xini rotation A and a few days ago they would drop every 10 or so times. Now I have had 0 drops. I have played them at least 50 times each now. Not 1 single drop. I looked at the drop locations and switched to a survival mission and it dropped on rotation B for me. I kept switching up mission types thinking that would help. And since that survival mission I did still no drops. I think they are artificially lowering the chances on some of these relics. I can live with running 20 radiant NEO S6 and not getting the Aegis Guard to show up. I can't live with not being able to get the relic to do so in the first place. It's very frustrating. It's almost as if they want us to spend platinum and buy it from other players who have had no trouble getting them. Conspiracy theory engage. Who knows really. Everyone says "RNG", but I only encounter this occasionally when it's a specific item that needs to be farmed for weeks on end. It's not fun at all.

Yeah that's how I feel. I don't mind farming for the actual piece in the relic but when I have to farm for the relic that just isn't dropping to then farm for the piece it's ridiculous. Just out of curiosity how many Meso N4s do you have? I'm sitting on 14 Neo S6 relics. I mean I get RNG but that's not really a valid argument/reason, just seems like an excuse.

@(PS4)ethandismembered I have no MESO N4's currently. I farmed some I think I had around 5-7 of them the day of Oberon's release. I got his BP to drop from those 5-7 I ran. I haven't had any drop since. (Granted I haven't been to Jupiter IO in some time now.)

Take a deep breath serious conspiracy theory incoming.

I want to touch on an example of the relic system. Let's look at MESO V5:

common drops: spira bp, bronco bp, cernos grip.

uncommon drops: silva aegis bp, euphona barrel

rare drop: venka gauntlet

There is no distinguishing factor if you make this relic flawless whether or not you will get silva aegis bp or euphona barrel. Is it a 50/50 chance? My experience from running at least 8 of MESO V5 radiant in a full squad with the same radiant relic, the Euphona Barrel dropped every time when it was the uncommon drop. That means out of 32 radiant relics run with over 3,200 traces spent, and with about 18 of them dropping the uncommon drop, not once did the Silva Aegis BP drop. That's no where near 50/50 for the uncommon item to drop. This means that euphona barrel has a 100% chance to drop when it's the uncommon drop based on my stats. It's deceitful for DE to not share the actual percentage drops or perhaps they are lying. Going off of the vertical bars next to the items to indicate chance drop is basically meaningless. Meanwhile you will find the outlier where a handful of people had no problem getting the silva aegis bp or multiples of them. What does this mean? It means that DE is artificially changing RNG per player per relic. IF... DE put a percentage next to the uncommon drops indicating something like euphona barrel 99% and silva aegis 1% then that would be honest and then I would have nothing to complain about. To add even more to this I have had the rare item drop around 5 times out of those 32 relics. 

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

@(PS4)ethandismembered I have no MESO N4's currently. I farmed some I think I had around 5-7 of them the day of Oberon's release. I got his BP to drop from those 5-7 I ran. I haven't had any drop since. (Granted I haven't been to Jupiter IO in some time now.)

Take a deep breath serious conspiracy theory incoming.

I want to touch on an example of the relic system. Let's look at MESO V5:

common drops: spira bp, bronco bp, cernos grip.

uncommon drops: silva aegis bp, euphona barrel

rare drop: venka gauntlet

There is no distinguishing factor if you make this relic flawless whether or not you will get silva aegis bp or euphona barrel. Is it a 50/50 chance? My experience from running at least 8 of MESO V5 radiant in a full squad with the same radiant relic, the Euphona Barrel dropped every time when it was the uncommon drop. That means out of 32 radiant relics run with over 3,200 traces spent, and with about 18 of them dropping the uncommon drop, not once did the Silva Aegis BP drop. That's no where near 50/50 for the uncommon item to drop. This means that euphona barrel has a 100% chance to drop when it's the uncommon drop based on my stats. It's deceitful for DE to not share the actual percentage drops or perhaps they are lying. Going off of the vertical bars next to the items to indicate chance drop is basically meaningless. Meanwhile you will find the outlier where a handful of people had no problem getting the silva aegis bp or multiples of them. What does this mean? It means that DE is artificially changing RNG per player per relic. IF... DE put a percentage next to the uncommon drops indicating something like euphona barrel 99% and silva aegis 1% then that would be honest and then I would have nothing to complain about. To add even more to this I have had the rare item drop around 5 times out of those 32 relics. 

Hmmmm interesting theory. I feel like this is the case for the first week or 2 maybe 3 for relics. Ive had similar experiences with parts dropping. I almost feel like In the example you gave this is common until the prime access is 2 to 3 weeks old. Then it's like magically everything drops properly.