Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Aura Solution ! +1 Or Reply With A Oh Yeah !

Fonola

Each mastery points gives you 1 extra warframe mod point, or maybe an exclusive aura point for your warframes. that's it, simple and you kill 2 birds with one bullet.

Reply with an oh yeah ! or a +1 on the post so DE guys can see it, DON 'T HIDE !  : )

tumblr_mhc5q5WEAI1rpzymeo2_250.gif

we get 7 or 9 less warframe points to spend with the aura, so if we get 1 EXTRA point with each mastery point for auras only, we can fix warframe points reduction.

where are you getting 7 or 9? If you use the correct polarity then its like...4. This likely wont change because it encourages people to buy more forma.

where are you getting 7 or 9? If you use the correct polarity then its like...4. This likely wont change because it encourages people to buy more forma.

Well the Aura slot can still use a polarisation while using mastery points for equipping the mod, allowing you to use an artifact at a lower mastery lv (4 instead of 8). But the masteries above 8 will still stay useless.

I like the idea of making mastery levels a more rewarding aim but i dont like the idea of having it give direct warframe mod points.

But im fine with having it give artifact mod points. There could be the possibility of equipping more than 1 artifact at once, too. Both would drain the same pool of mastery points, so having 1 is more recommended until a higher level. After level 8, or 4 with a polarity, you could equip a second artifact. However, more than 2 would be a little bit too overpowered.

And it would still be a reason to give away formas, since even with max lv (11 i think) you cant get 2 fully upgraded artifacts without 2 formas( 1 at lv 12 as soon as it comes)

Edited by TheWaschmaschine

Forma is not THAT hard to get, you do defense missions for keys, use the keys for void missions, run void missions hope for Forma blueprints, build Forma, Use Forma. After only one Forma you could recoup every point you had to spend extra for your aura. I will give you that by making the aura slots have a polarity they forced people to use certain auras, and THAT is a problem.

That is evidence towards the idea that Mastery needs to be changed, not that this is a bad idea.

Being mastery ranks so hard to level (specially from 8th ranked and above), the rewards for it should be very helpful for endgame or something related to warframe improvements.

My problem with auras is that there are 6 or more bar polarity mods and only 2 frames i've seen with bar polarity aura slots.

The V polarities are Steel charge, Rifle amp. The D polarities are Physique and Rejuvenation. Everything else is a bar polarity.

My frame's build is kinda gimped since the aura decided to take up points. With ALL of my slots polarized properly and one of the 4 ability slots re-polarized, along with the Aura slot being re-polarized too, with my maxed out mods I reach a cost of 61 points. -_-

It's not entirely tragic, as all I have to do is find a new Energy Syphon and rank it up till it costs 6 to equip instead of 7, but it's still irritating. Investing so much into a suit and it still falls short. It was irritating enough to need to re-polarize the aura slot. (Why the hell does the Frost Prime have a D aura slot? This suit LIVES for Energy Syphon and hardly has any use at all for Steel Charge...)

Anyway, the two recomendations I can give are to make the aura equip cost even cheaper (make sure they end at a round number when maxed too) and make their polarity the same all around. Just give it that polarity you use for sentinels.

Edited by Eruend

Anyway, the two recomendations I can give are to make the aura equip cost even cheaper (make sure they end at a round number when maxed too) and make their polarity the same all around. Just give it that polarity you use for sentinels.

which polarity for sentinels ? isnt going to be the same extra points we don't want with the energy syphon polarity ?

That -I polarity. It's not used for anything else on a Warframe, so all auras could be using that single polarity. It would avoid having to change that polarity or making aura exclusive suits. If the base cost of all the auras started at 1 point and ended at 6, half of that would be 3 and would be just low enough to be able to equip a suit with a full complement of maxed out mods.

Putting a strain on warframe energy can be a problem.  Forma isn't unobtainable but it drops rarely enough from the highest level places that it is really an end game item.  Reactors become less a luxury and more necessity.  The new artifact system seems to be exactly what people didn't want to happen when they asked for a specific slot.  Auras are interfering with warframe builds.  Caster warframes already have a high demand on energy with the numerous power augmenting mods.  i don't use all the slots on my potatoed ember because I don't have enough energy

They said that they were going to add a new polarity for auras during the livestream and that didn't happen.
I find it very annoying to be forced to polarize your warframe just to use another aura. Where is that new polarity anyway?