Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sobek Needs To Be Redone.

DirkDeadeye

It should act like a double barrel shotgun, increase the pellets, keep the damage, so that it'll scale better with mods.

Drop the dumb automatic action.

4 pellets is not enough, a tight spread with the damage drop off shotguns were given does not work either.

It does what the boar does, but worse. Acts like the hek, but doesn't scale nearly as much.

Most of all it's not very fun to use.

Yes, you can cram mods into it, and make it a better gun. I can do that with the MK1 braton. Or the Lato..it's still not giving me a reason to use it.

even if you do cram damage mods in, still kinda meh.

and id rather they get this working as is. i want a legit double barreled shotgun.

this one is kinda nice actually, cept for the damage. i never liked the boar. a bit much for me. the sobrek has a nice steady rate of fire i can make use of. not the crazy pellet puking boar.

i like it, just needs more punch.

I do agree on the point that another automatic shotgun was kind of an irrelevant add given the existence of the Boar. However, had it been a true double barrel, I feel a similar thread would have been made complaining about the small clip size, and that this weapon would have fallen from that height of excitement that is the release of a new weapon to the pit that is its playability-death even sooner.

What I will say for this Sobek is this: I don't totally hate it; yes, it behaves a lot like the Boar, however, it has a situational advantage that the Boar doesn't in that it combos infinitely better with Banshee's Sonar due to its relatively small pellet spread -- while this is an admittedly small window of playability, it is still very effective and bears mentioning. Also, I personally like the way that the Sobek looks compared to the Strun-copying Boar model, which I found particularly unimaginative and Boar-ing (zing!)... The reality with adding lots and lots of weapons is that eventually, and somewhere there will be some degree of similarity and crossover between their behaviour, and ultimately then it becomes a matter of exploiting the advantages of the one that you personally and individually prefer (such as with my Banshee + Sobek build).

In sum, I am happy with the Sobek at the moment. It has its weaknesses and merits, and may still need further revision, but it is still fairly usable if you like the weapon.

I love when people assume that my ideas would not work. You make the reload very fast, problem solved.

Edit- Just imagine the double barrel from the original DOOM games. It worked then and that game is faster pace then this.

Edited by RazgrizOne

I love when people assume that my ideas would not work. You make the reload very fast, problem solved.

Edit- Just imagine the double barrel from the original DOOM games. It worked then and that game is faster pace then this.

That's what I was hoping this gun would be.