Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mystery Weapon

Bjornel

Question

So .. some time ago I ran a survival mission with a guy who seemed to have an unusual weapon. It seemed to shoot several tentacles or energy whips to nearby enemies.
I thought it was really cool but I forgot to check the name of that weapon.
Some time later I wanted to try it out for myself and I was going through the weapon list guessing which one was that.
When I saw Phage I was so sure I found it but no .. those energy streams on Phage are not homing to creatures like the ones on weapon I saw.
Or maybe I am just all wrong .. maybe I just think I saw those homing energy whips .. maybe it was a Phage and my memory is just messing with me. So I would like
to ask you .. do you know a weapon with homing beams or tentacles or whatever it may be?

8 answers to this question

As the two above me have said, it's most likely the Phage, assuming that you were imagining the homing effect (the Phage's tentacles can appear to home in at times, due to the weapon's mechanics). However, if it is not the Phage, it most likely the Amprex, as it does have a chaining effect which can mimic homing. 

13 minutes ago, Dark5eiD said:

amprex is kinda homing, may have been that. but it chains thru enemies, it does not come out of the barrel with multiple streams. did the one you saw had multiple streams right out of the barrel ?

Yes, multiple streams. But probably I was just thinking they are homing to enemies .. as the Phage starts focusing its streams they are waving, - which for untrained eye it may seems like they are looking for prey even though they are not.

Edited by Bjornel

It would be a nice unique Mod to this weapon thought don't you think? If it make each "tentacle" to fing its own target. Or maybe like an alternate fire.

And yes I know Amprex is doing almost the same job .. I just like it from aesthetic point of view :)