Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Prime Build

Hellmaker2004

Question

So recently i i have started to experiment with several different frames to widen my view of all the possible options there are out there and to forma more frames so they can perform decently. Now i have come to a halt when experimenting with Saryn and i simply can not get her to work compared to what i have seen, clearly some of it is player input since i am fairly new with her but it feels like i am doing something completely wrong.

So the idea is to exchange intensify with Blind Rage once i get it. However, it feels like whenever i am currently playing all i really do is continuously cast spore on my molt and pop them with the help of the Mutalist Cernos. This works "Great - Fine - Ok" until around level 80 area depending on faction but it feels like i am doing something wrong due to it dropping of way to early compared to other damage frames i have been able to build.

Any input that is related to Saryn Prime would be appreciated, be it play style or modding.

4 answers to this question

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)freakytiki3 said:

My build is fairly similar I'd use Vitality over QT because of Regenerative Molt. i find that overextended on most maps is overkill as most maps don't have rooms that large.

Max range is much more important then high strength, due to the cast range might be all too high for any map, but the explosion range isn't (40m at max)

To give my opinion to you OP (I have played Spores Saryn since her Prime came out), strength on her is not as important as the weapon damage. You want a weapon that has high Gas damage and high Status. I use, atm, Staticor but am currently experimenting with Pox.
On the top of my head, I use:

Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking, Overextend, Stretch, Intensify (or maybe Streamline?), Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage and Enemy Sense in Exilus (I want to see when enemies clutter together in a group, because that is when spores are most effective)

Since the explosion damage pops nearby spores, you want as many enemies as possible in a group, that will increase the damage. If you cast spore on molt, pop it, and cast spore directly after it might not be as effective as you want it to be.

My build is fairly similar I'd use Vitality over QT because of Regenerative Molt. i find that overextended on most maps is overkill as most maps don't have rooms that large.

P Continuity, P Flow, Vitality, Transient Fortitude, Stretch, Streamline, Rage, Regenerative Molt, Cunning Drift.

you end up with 128% Duration 160% Range 155% Strength added with Streamline and Rage and the returned energy from Toxic Lash and you don't really ever need energy

the modding aside you are finding that you not dealing as much damage as you want.

at lower levels Spore and Miasma still nuke the map, but around level 80 you will behind to fall behind with that method. you will now have to actively pop the Spores to inflict higher damage. i don't really think you will need to change you build just actively go out there and pop some Spores if you're more defensive use Naramon invisibility Toxic Lash and a high range melee is still the most effective method i've found but most people would probably use Ignus Wraith gas build Simulor etc.

Edited by (XB1)freakytiki3

Your build looks good to me. There are builds for Saryn that kill efficiency in favor of more power strength but I have always felt more comfortable with more balance between the two.

The damage output suffers anyway on higher levels and she becomes more of a semi-debuffer.

Wrecking combos:

Corrosive Pox as a secondary.

Toxic lash Atterax with primed reach. (Careful on higher levels, Regen molt pretty much mandatory)

Thanks for the feedback, it feels good to hear that it is more of a L2P issue than it is about modding, and i mean that in a good way. I am in no way a experienced Saryn player so i do need to learn her.

As i understand it i need to be more active in poping the spores on enemies instead of on the molt for higher level area.

I will try and take these advice and practice some more, even tough she is very unlikely to become my favorite frame it is always good to expand ones horizon to understand how all the frames work differently.