Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

returning player

TeteMan

Question

hello i was thinking to return to the game, but i saw so many new things and i want any advice of important stuff and what to do in the game now last time i loged in was for sell some event mods for 1.5k plat so i have thath and 1m of credits what should i do? for "restart" playing

edit: i didnt played since like 1 year or more

Edited by TeteMan

3 answers to this question

1 year away huh, well there is plenty but let's go with the important stuff.

Notice those junction thingies we have now? Do what they say and then complete them, especially the Sedna one on Pluto so you unlock the War Within.

Speaking of which complete the War Within, it unlocks other quests that will reward you with frames, sorties and also an extra suprise or two...or three. (we don't know what the third one does yet, but it probably has to do with Umbra)

Oh and there are new weapons now like the Spearguns which suprise, aren't a melee for some sort of reason.

There is a photoboot called Captura now and currently there is also a contest going on with it so call your photographer.

You missed a few events, just an Ignis Wraith and a Supra Vandal.

Ambulas has been reworked and you now have to fight multiple of them like with the new Raptors.

I am sure you can find out the rest yourself.

PS: A new dual-wield mode for holding both a gun and a melee at the same time is currently on Soon tm status. It seems like it will let you carry two melee weapons too.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

Welcome back to Warframe.

Take it easy and avoid worrying too much about what's changed. The core gameplay is largely the same and once you refamiliarize yourself with that then everything else will start falling in to to place.

The solar map is daunting at first but it's quite simple to follow with a linear layout. White nodes are completed and blue blinking nodes still require your attention. Planets are now seperated by junctions and it's worth completing these, even if you had the planets unlocked previously, as junctions will unlock story quests.

Run some low level missions with any of your gear just to get warmed up.

Some mechanics that may have changed since you last played;

Fusion - Fusion cores have been changed in to a streamlined currency known as Endo. Any cores you owned previously will have been converted, so nothing lost. Endo is earned in much the same way as cores in bygone days with the addition of Ayatan Sculptures and stars which can be exchanged for sums of Endo. Duplicate mods can also be dissolved in to endo.

Void - Void keys are now Void Relics and these contain prime parts. Relics must be cracked open during Void Fissure missions in order to retrieve the reward inside. Fissure missions are special variations on existing mission nodes and rotate regularly much like alerts. They can be found on your alerts panel on the navigation under the fissures tab.

Relics are not locked to any specific mission type which reduces to repetitive nature of the old keys and they can also be refined. Refining a relic adjusts the drop chances of the prefered items inside and this can be done using the Relic Refinement Segment for your ship which is a reward from completing the Mars Junction on Earth.

If you get stuck or have any questions there are always helpful people in the region chat as well as Guides of the Lotus who can also be found in relays. They volunteer to help and assist new or returning players with questions and concerns. Or you can post any specific questions you have in this thread and the friendly forum folk will help you. :satisfied:

For a full comprehensive list of all changes you can visit this thread here.