Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Defense Maps

Midkraft

Hey peeps. I would like too start out with saying i am a huge fan of defense missions, thats almost 90% of what i am doing in warframe.

The last week i have been grinding defense missions alot, Corpus, infested and Grineer, too get the rare modules (streamline stretch continuity flow focus master thief etc) I have now come too the point where i have too farm grineer defense missions and i would like too share with the community how much i think these 2 maps sucks.

For a starter Grineer only have 2 types of defense maps as far as i know infested and corpus have 3.

Second of all, Grineer have the 2 worst maps of them all in my opinion and i know i am not the only that is thinking this. On top of having ****** maps, Grineer is the most annoying enemies there is.

Let me go over what i think is wrong with the two maps.

The first map is the one on the spaceship. It is small that is fine by me, the thing that is wrong with this map is that there is way too many pipeline etc that is cramed into this map (a bit claustrofobic too be honest, i easily get disorientated while i play on this map.

The second map is the cave. I like the lay out of this map, a bit too big for my taste but rather too big than too small. The annoying part is that the enemies can come from so many directions and just because you have taken down 4 from one direction dosent make that direction "clear" so you still have too run back too the core too get a overview on that direction again. And if you want too go out too look for drops u only have the time inbetween waves and that is usually not enough due too the massive size of the map, so u have too do it during the waves and if 2 do that at the same time then at a bit higher waves boom destroyed core in 2 secs.

What i would like too see done too this matter.

Either fix some of the issues that i mentioned, or give Grineer a third map, it dosent have too be a new map, just one that is actually fun playing, the same map as Xini for example.

Kind regards

Midkraft

Edited by Midkraft

If / when they make a third map, hoping it is similar to the new humongous Corpus Outpost map.  I have seen three different spawn points for the Artifact and each spawn point has it's own pros and cons and way of defending.  The only other map that has multiple spawn points for the Point is the roof top Corpus map, all other maps I have played have a single spawn point making them boring after a few plays.

Edit: Corpus have at least 4 maps I recall

- Canyon / Outpost map with 3 spawn points

- Roof top map with 2 spawn points

- Indoor map with 1 spawn point

- Smaller outdoor map with 1 spawn point

I have fought Infested on all four of these maps as well, cannot recall ever fighting Infested on either of the Grineer defense maps.

Edited by Mickey1779

The second map is the cave. I like the lay out of this map, a bit too big for my taste but rather too big than too small. The annoying part is that the enemies can come from so many directions and just because you have taken down 4 from one direction dosent make that direction "clear" so you still have too run back too the core too get a overview on that direction again. And if you want too go out too look for drops u only have the time inbetween waves and that is usually not enough due too the massive size of the map, so u have too do it during the waves and if 2 do that at the same time then at a bit higher waves boom destroyed core in 2 secs.

I actually like Grineer central core defense now, I think it's the most challenging out of all defense maps so far. Xini is trivialized by Vauban and Narcissus by Frost but Grineer central core e.g. Camenae, Casta is more unforgiving of play errors and lapses in concentration. 

You're not meant to solo it - in a DE duo defense tournament held in our country last week I won the event with a clanmate, we used a Nyx + Frost Prime combo, reached wave 33 in Casta with enemies reaching the lvl 110-130 mark, had to stop because a bugged invincible Ballista inside a rock as the last enemy in wave 33... we couldn't continue on lol.

Both of us used long ranged weapons to take out Grineer behind cover quicky, Latron Prime and Snipetron Vandal respectively. A Snow Globe with max Stretch can over the entire core and protect it from gunfire yes, but you have to keep an eye out for Rollers that like to plummet down the core by way of the two "entrances" into it, which results in a mission failure fast. 

As for refilling energy and gathering ammo/mods there's a trick to that, it's leaving a last enemy or in my case, spamming Mind Control on a lone Lancer. Also helped a lot for getting the core back to 100% because at higher waves a Ballista can almost one-shot the core in a gap when the core wasn't Snow Globed.

Bottom line, I like the challenge of the Grineer central core defense map, you need to always be on your toes, cover multiple entrances/spawn points, etc. Now if only those bugged enemies inside the rocks or rollers falling into the core can be fixed...

Edited by Tulzscha

#3 cool story and congratulations :)

and thanks a lot for the nice advices, hopefully it will make that map a bit more enjoyable :) what is your oppinion on the first map i mentioned ?

and dont you think it would be good too have a third Grineer map? if so what would you think would be nice ? :)

So by fun you mean, extremely easy? Because that's what Xini really is. Two tight chokes that lead onto an elevated platform - you can't get a better defensive position than this, especially against a melee race (well, technically a single linear slope would be better, but thankfully no map is that trivial).

I've only played the new Grineer defense map a few times so far, but it looks really great. The chokes are reasonable and enemies come from multiple directions, meaning you probably won't be able to just CC all of them. And it has MASSIVE amounts of containers to get you going and give you a chance at resources.

Screw the reactor tho. It isn't really all that hard, just hard to solo as you really need more than one person to cover everything... until later waves, where the real problems start when rollers show up and hide inside the reactor's hitbox, becoming untargetable by weapons. The reactor also should have more cover itself, because later waves become fairly impossible without a Frost spamming Snow Globe, when everything on the map is free to shoot at it's general direction.