Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Collecting Reactant Alternative

I'm tired of collecting reactant. It's not fun. It's a grind. Sometimes I don't get all 10 reactant and have to leave. Or someone else in the squad can't get all 10. Sometimes the enemies don't group up. Sometimes I or another player join late into the mission and they can't get their 10 reactant. It's a system that leaves a lot to be desired.

My idea to make this better is to remove reactant altogether. Instead add 1 void fissure specific enemy like a mini boss. After you complete the mission and the mini boss then you can extract and open your relic. This opens up room for DE to make unique void fissure bosses.

Ok what happens if you join a mission after they killed it? same problem will occur. Reactant was designed to force the player to play, you can't afk and get rewards like you could in the old days. Hypothetically if you join the mission as it starts and your squad opens their relics but you don't, it's not DE's fault for that. Also I don't get how needing to get 10 reactant off enemies is a grind you're  playing the mission normally while killing enemies and collecting it on the way to extraction. But I highly doubt DE will change the way reactant currently works, Warframe was designed to be a grindy farming game, so you can't complain about grind in a grinding game.

However void trace farming is actually grindy because of the rng. So DE does need to look at void traces again since it's literally so pointless to do w/o a booster which is unfair to  people who don't have plat to spend on resource boosters. 

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker