Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Graphical issue after verifying cache and optimizing it

QuinnZai

Question

Hello, I had read a bunch of post related to improving your FPS and so I decided to give some things a try.

I will start by saying that I had set my graphics in-game to the absolute lowest and still had FPS issues... But the game actually looked pretty damn good for low which makes me wonder if it was genuinely set to low or just saying that it was.

First, I read that verifying my cache and optimizing it helps a lot. Also that turning off reverb and switching the launcher to 32-bit can help with FPS issues. So I did all of these and started up the game again... And it did work. The game was working very smoothly but then I noticed just how poor my graphics in-game actually was. I can only imagine that this is what true low settings looks like and whatever I had before, was infact not the lowest settings.

But then I noticed the real issue, that I could not see things like Frost's snowglobe or when an Ayatan star drops, I could not see the glow around it, making seeing it a lot harder. This applies to any resources as well and even gun's with visible projectiles. So I decided to change my settings to medium, but saw no difference. I then set it to high, no difference again and the game still looks worse than it did before I did the verifying of the cache.

I am seriously confused and I don't know what to do to get these textures to appear in-game. Any ideas would be appreciated

2 answers to this question

In the case of Warframe, you don't want to set the launcher to 32-bit. Put it on 64-bit and leave it on there. Turning it off is just liable to make WF less stable.

Odds are, the solution is that you need a hardware upgrade. There's no real "fix" to framerate issues and ugly game looks aside from beefing up your GPU. This is only really applicable to a desktop, of course -- if you're playing Warframe on a laptop, the best solution is "don't play it on a laptop". They tend to not have the processing power or GPU necessary to really run games.

Edited by Vargras

Thank you, I will keep it on 64-bit and have checked to see if it makes any difference. But I still want to know how to fix the graphical effects not showing now. I mean I can't even see when Corpus are shooting at me anymore and not seeing my Frost snowglobe at all is very off-putting. I have set everything to high but none of these effects are visible even after I set them to high. I don't mind the way the game looks on low but I would like to at least see projectiles and warframe abilities. The FPS issue is no longer an issue. Even on high it doesn't struggle much now. It's extremely confusing.

Basically what I am asking for is how do I get the game to be on low graphics, but still be able to see projectiles, warframe abilities and resources lying around (The little coloured line and glow around them) because right now, even when I set everything to high, it still does not show it but it used to with no problems before I verified and optimized my cache.

Edit: Is there maybe a text file I can look at to see the current graphics settings so that I could tweak it in there? It really feels like the game is stuck on low even when I set it to high.

Edited by QuinnZai