The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Graphical issue after verifying cache and optimizing it

QuinnZai

Hello, I asked this in another thread yesterday but I haven't found any solution, nor has anyone else. I seriously don't know how to fix this...

This started with the game looking great even after I had set it to the lowest settings. My warframes all looked perfect, no pixelation and infact, nothing in-game looked as bad as it does now. But I was having slight FPS issues occasionally which I wanted to get rid of. I turned off reverb, switched 64-bit off in my launcher (turned it back on again) and then verified and optimized my cache. After doing this, my game was having absolutely no FPS issues at all however the graphics in-game changed dramatically. Everything became pixelated and I thought it was fine because I had the game set to it's lowest all along anyway. I played a few games and noticed things like Corpus weapons not showing projectiles, warframe abilities not showing when used, elements not showing when enemies are damaged by them and items lying on the ground no longer have a glow and line to help you see them better. So I thought I would bump up my graphics to medium so that I could see these things. I made the changes, but they were all still invisible. I then set everything to the highest settings and again, everything was still invisible.

So now even on the highest settings, my game doesn't look anything like what it looked like before I verified and optimized my cache and back then had the game set to the lowest settings.

I am genuinely confused. It is as if the game is hard coded to low right now and even though I set everything to high in-game, it's refusing to change appropriately. From low to high right now, makes my warframe look slightly less pixelated but still nothing like it used to look like before when I had the game on low and the warframe looked like it had high res textures

The picture album I pasted here is with the game set to medium with some of the lighting effects turned off:

As I have said before, I tried the game on low, medium and high. All of them look like this with very minor improvements. Except in the cases where I turn on the fancy lighting system which I do not like, then everything looks bright and shiny in a very pixelated way. I tried the game with everything on and everything off. With some things on, some things off. With only one thing maxed at a time and everything else off. Nothing makes it look like what it looked like before I did this cache thing and nothing lets me see these textures that I cannot see anymore.