Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ISO updated EB Excal + Broken War builds

chellenator

Question

Hey! I'm fairly new to the game but I'm enjoying playing Excalibur and I got Broken War from the Second Dream questline. It seems like Broken War is one of the top swords in the game and that Excalibur can be a good warframe even through to the later parts of the game, especially with the addition of the Chromatic Blade augment. Can anyone recommend an Excal build that focuses on using the Exalted Blade ability and the Chromatic Blade augment, and a Broken War build that supports that as much as possible? Most of the build posts I can find are old and predate relevant updates. (Also, if there's something even better than Broken War that I should be working towards, do let me know!)

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate you taking the time to read & respond. :)

2 answers to this question

As I understand it, the key with Chromatic Blade builds on Excalibur is to hit 185% Strength to ensure that EB always inflicts a Status effect and then to just build for efficiency. You're probably looking at something like (Primed) Flow, Streamline, (Primed) Continuity, Transient Fortitude, partially-ranked Blind Rage or Intensify, Chromatic Blade and then two of your choice including survivability mods. If you have the Pendragon Arcane helmet for Excalibur, you can hit the 185% target just with Transient Fortitude, Power Drift, and the Pendragon helm which will free up a body slot for something else too.

The weapon is just going to be built for crit, remembering that Acolyte mods don't work for Exalted weapons... but Condition Overload does. So, (Primed) Pressure Point, Berserker/(Primed) Fury, Condition Overload, True Steel, Organ Shatter, and three of your choice. Life Strike is probably going to go in one slot. I would go with two 90% Elemental mods appropriate to the faction, or just stick with Viral on the weapon and Fire colours for Chromatic Blade. That way you get half health and a Fire proc with each hit.