The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ports blocked by firewall even with no firewall.

Larcetosus

So recently Warframe has been telling me to ensure my firewall permits the usual ports. I haven't had this issue in a long time. I disabled my computers' firewall as well as my routers' firewall but it still says that my ports are blocked. I port forwarded on my router and unblocked Warframe on my firewall completely and it still says it's blocked. However, the strange thing is sometimes when I analyze the network, it would tell me "All systems nominal, Upnp detected" no mater how many times I ran the analysis. This changes the moment I invite my friend to my squad and he fails to join. Immediately after that when I analyze the network again, it will tell me my ports are blocked. This leads me to believe this is an ingame bug rather then my own network. Has anyone encountered this before?

Update: as you can see here, Warframe is using the specified UDP ports as well as the firewall settings. Even with port forwading on my router, warframe still claims my ports to be blocked.

wKlOnrB.png

Edited by Larcetosus

Update: If i change my UDP to 4960 to 4965, it will tell me to allow those values through my firewall. If i switch the values back to 4950 to 4955 and restart my warframe, the analysis will inform me that "All systems nominal, Upnp detected". Friends are able to join only on their second invite, their first invite will fail. After joining my session, the network analysis will state that my ports 4950 to 4955 are blocked once again. Games that I host with my friends will have above normal levels of ping. Usually with friends it's about 30 to 60 ping, but with this issue, the ping spikes from 160 to 250 ping. I would appreciate any help or some comfort to know that I'm not the only one facing this problem.

I'm not getting the port blocked notifications but your problems sound identical to the ones being listed by myself and others with constant host migrations. This is definitely a lag issue but whether it's ping latency between peers or a porting issue isn't clear yet. My grandson shares the same router with me and we're both wired instead of wi-fi. My download speeds are in excess of 125mbps and upload exceeds 25mbps. He's playing on an Alienware laptop with specs that put my PC to shame and he has zero trouble with anything in the game while I sit here completely frustrated.

I had no problems at all pre-Harrow, however, so my troubles are definitely related to the game and not the hardware unless this patch has cranked the system requirements beyond my machines capabilities. I don't believe this is the case since I can play every mission without any problems at all solo or as the host in any public mission. All of my disconnects with the migrations happen when I join an existing group. This leads me to believe that the issue lies in the peering server that handles all of the info between peers. It may be that the session time-out length is too short or the acceptable ping latency is too large to maintain connection between peers.

I just wish the devs would acknowledge the issue and let us know they're working on it. So far, it feels like I'm complaining to a wall that will not answer back.

I understand how you feel. I've been going nuts over this issue and I've read several other posts about host migrations and disconnections over the past few days. I just really hope DE acknowledges this issue ASAP. I've poured past 3000 hours into this game and will continue to do so. But if this problem persists, I'm doubtful that I want to continue ripping my hair off my scalp.

On 7/1/2017 at 3:05 PM, Huppa said:

I had no problems at all pre-Harrow, however, so my troubles are definitely related to the game and not the hardware unless this patch has cranked the system requirements beyond my machines capabilities. I don't believe this is the case since I can play every mission without any problems at all solo or as the host in any public mission. All of my disconnects with the migrations happen when I join an existing group. This leads me to believe that the issue lies in the peering server that handles all of the info between peers. It may be that the session time-out length is too short or the acceptable ping latency is too large to maintain connection between peers.

There are definitely changes in the code that result in unintentional changes, otherwise there wouldn't be a Update X bug mega thread at the top of the forums. However, relating to connection issues, I can perhaps confirm your suspicion with an experience of a friend.

They have issues with their game / something as well. They can not enter relays with other people, and they can not use / see the text chat box in game. They can still hear voice though. This has been since day 1 of their playing, and there has been no solution for them. At least they've been able to enter / interact with players in dojos. Until the update before Harrow. That changed how the dojos were handled, and as such they can no longer use dojos or trade with people at all. Using their phone connection as a proxy (with limited internet data) is the only way they can do so, indicating that it's not a computer issue. No other games they play have any issue with any aspect of multiplayer.

tl:dr; an update broke dojos for a friend. Updates can (do) break things, probably for you too.

• 4 years later...