The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma'd Because Of Aura's, Then You Change The System

JCav

So I forma'd my Frost Prime because, with Aura's taking up space, I no longer had room for everything.

A few days later, now my Aura ADDS capacity? Making my forma use completely un-necessary?

I want my forma, or my 20 platinum, back.

The only reason the polarized slots even double the energy you get is because DE was trying to not do wrong by folks who already used forma.

I don't think those slots should have polarities at all. 5, 7 and 14 energy is silly and makes a team-based item (auras) more of a personal choice instead.

So I forma'd my Frost Prime because, with Aura's taking up space, I no longer had room for everything.

A few days later, now my Aura ADDS capacity? Making my forma use completely un-necessary?

I want my forma, or my 20 platinum, back.

You seem upset. I don't know why, considering since you put the slot polarity to the one you want, and now that one aura will give you DOUBLE the mod capacity it normally would give. Why are you so upset?

Actually I spent the forma on a warframe slot - not the Aura slot.

It was necessary because I could no longer fit everything I wanted in there with the Aura's taking space as well.

Not like its going to hurt your ability to build. The slots you think you lost are made up by the change now. With this change, everybody wins, although personally I feel Auras should not have a polarity and that slot should not be able to be polarized. With a maxed Energy Siphon , I got 14 additional slots. That's almost half a potato right there.

I expect that they're going to drop the mod point "cost" on the auras down and make them exactly the same in order to balance things out. This is a good change, but as things are right now it's just a little bit ridiculous. I've forma'd my rhino 4 times and right now it has 18 mod points available. 

Wow.......... really dude iits 1 one forma OMG 

Exactly. I've used potatoes and occasionally Forma on weapons or frames that I ended up not keeping, usually because something that was a better fit for my playstyle was released.

And since Forma can be acquired without having to wait for an alert, I'd say just remember the lesson and be sure what you're doing before you use a potato or forma.

I forma'd 2 warframes because of the aura mods.

Now I'm just happy I don't have to do this with 13 others.

If you want your Forma back, visit the Void. They grow on trees there.

P.S.: Are you trying to complain about a mod GIVING you mod capacity? I still can't even begin to believe that DEs did that.

That Aura modification is cool, but however we want to polarize every slot :3. So we still having the main problem. The time spent over and over every time that we apply a Forma, without a worthy retribution. For someones is boring but other is cool cause doesnt feel "stuck". But anyway is unworth.

I'll just paste what I said on this in the hotfix topic:

I honestly feel cheated by this change. I invested time and even some plat to fully polarize my favourite frames. Now I'm sitting on 18 spare capacity and half of the effort was for naught. At LEAST make the aura cap bonus go down when upgrading the aura so it no longer boosts at max rank. This way you can have a nice trade of capacity for aura power without making the frames weaker.

I'm really sick of all the people who start applauding whenever something that makes them stronger is added. This change really hurts people who have actually invested in the game. I was even fine with Auras costing cap and built around that. The Aura benefits were worth trading in some capacity for them. Every bonus should come at a price.

Why even have a capacity system if you can just max out everything anyway? Didn't the addition of forma add enough of a power creep that you at least had to work for? The new instant-gratification auras simply too much.

Lovely, something I posted about just a minute ago, myself in this other thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/81257-aura-buff-has-defeated-the-purpose-of-the-game/page-3#entry887081

I also find it highly amusing that there are so many people here accusing of QQ and telling you to "Deal with it" considering why this change was instituted in the first place.

Oh yes, that was definitely a foreseeable fix. Ahem.

He didn't say that the current fix was foreseeable, but that a fix was foreseeable, which quite honestly it was. Did you really expect DE to leave the situation as it was when there was such a huge uproar about it? I would have at least given it until friday, or after the livestream because they obviously weren't going to fix it durin the weekend seeing as how they're off. A little patience goes a long way, and (although a bit unrelated) I've seen many a gamer lose to greed and impatiece (i.e. they have to have that kill now, resulting in them dying before getting the kill, when waiting would have turned out better).

I've forma'd my rhino 4 times and right now it has 18 mod points available. 

YEAH. That right there... it is a little out of balance, so let's enjoy it while it lasts. The thing is, even if you maxed out every mod you have on your frame, you'd probably still have about 7 slots left.. which kinda makes the whole effort of maxing out mods a bit more less inspiring.  Still, congrats on having forma'd so many times, that's the way to go