The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Solution For Warframe Farming

Destro6677

New players (and some long time casuals like myself) might see the aspect of U9 boss runs to get warframe parts a little tedious to enjoy our favorite frames. Just imagine how long you would need to farm to get to Nova if she's what you want and you're just getting started.

We now have 3 levels of planets. Easy, medium and hard. We also have different classes of frames, eg Ash and Banshee are assassins, Volt and Excalibur are dps, and Rhino and Trinity as tanks.

What if planets had a small chance to drop warframe parts blueprints as a rare, random reward?

For example, an extermination mission at node X has a chance to drop Ash/Banshee bp parts as a reward whereas raid node Y has a chance to drop Rhino/Trinity bp parts. This would be all based on the class of warframe, so that a person could never farm a specific node for a specific frame.

The chances of actually getting these bp's would have to be pretty small so that the incentive to grind longer or pay is there.

As the difficulty level scales up to medium and high, the chance that the bp's drop would increase a bit. But in keeping with boss runs, the chances of getting a bp out of a boss would be much higher than simply as a random reward.

The boss runs would stay as they are now, with the same drop rate for a specific frame or a slightly better one depending on what the devs do with the rng. However, the planetary drops are to allow farming players to pick up portions of the warframe as they go along, maybe even getting a whole warframe before the actual boss linked to that warframe.

Your thoughts on this? I have no idea how this would affect grind time or game economics, so please don't be too harsh.

Edited by Destro6677

For example, an extermination mission at node X has a chance to drop Ash/Banshee bp parts as a reward whereas raid node Y has a chance to drop Rhino/Trinity bp parts. This would be all based on the class of warframe, so that a person could never farm a specific node for a specific frame.

If I am farming for Trinity, but I keep getting Rhino parts the grind will be longer.

indeed, also i think is ok to have better frames as you advance in the game, not randomly.

Well, this solution would just be a minor reward on the way to confronting the boss, which would still drop parts bp's at the same rate or better as we currently have.

Also, what is a better frame? I've read on the forums that with the way frames are now, they still come in tiers, with Vauban being 'god tier'. Is this really the way we want to go with frames?

Is Frost a better tank than Rhino, or should he even be a better tank because you have to progress that far to get him? That's part of the problem I see with frames being linked to bosses.