The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Realised Why The Ancients Look Like That.

Rettycombine

Why they look like Cthulus offspring now instead of giant corpus, is because they are ancient, It also looks like they have orokin tech jammed into their spine, It could be an infested "Sentient" the ones the orokin fought during the old war, Still pretty ironic that the Golem still looks like the old disruptor lol

FYI DE the disruptor and healer have the same model, please fix.

The ancients were once Frost Primes who lost their minds grinding endlessly on defence missions on Xini, one day they realized that snowglobe sucks on infested defence and mutated into mindless raging blobs replacing the corpus ancients on defence missions.

Why they look like Cthulus offspring now instead of giant corpus, is because they are ancient, It also looks like they have orokin tech jammed into their spine, It could be an infested "Sentient" the ones the orokin fought during the old war, Still pretty ironic that the Golem still looks like the old disruptor lol

Golem will be actually be Kahului when they remake him.

Was seeing them for the first time last night (yeah was stuck in a black hole aka. Nova farming all weekend) and I felt like they look something like shark/fish, penguin hybrids with tentacles. Bizarre looking creatures.

I always thought the infested, were infected victims of the current existing factions. The chargers are infected Grineer Lancers, etc. The old ancients were infected corpus techs, etc.

The new ancients are different creatures altogether, but then again they're "ancient" and maybe they fit into the lore in some other way?

I hope they bring back the old Ancients as some other kind of infested. It's a waste to not use that design anymore.

Also, I wonder why DE chose to have us shooting balloons rather than these new Ancients as an event. Would have been lots more fun.

This*  you cant tell from afar, if its a healer or disruptor, please give them unique colours like the previous disrutpors/healers..

You've hit it on the head--they are designed to look like no other current creatures in the warframe universe, because they're from the Orokin era (presumably).

My only critique is that I'd think the infestation would've made buff out a little more and look less elegant than they do right now.  They don't look grotesque enough.

I always imagined Ancients as the true final form of infested. Like even a normal runner could become one by absorbing biological matter and eventually transform into one of these "final forms". Golem aint an traditional infested, seeing how the Orokin created them as an weapon and now it has only gone haywire, mutating spontaniously :s

Sexy theory, there, sir.

And yeah, Disruptor and Healers...

Definitely agree more with the idea that the ancients are the remainder of the Sentients. In my speculative lore opinion, they would be the origins of the 'infested' plague as we know it - a mutagenic strain of a deadly bioweapon used by the orokin on the Sentients, that  backfired and brought down the Orokin civilization as well. While the deadly plague is under control/we're immune to it now, the mutagenic one has grown and gone rampant from Sentients to Corpus and Grineer...

Whatever forms the basis for the Golem was likely the delivery system for the original plague, that eventually caught the mutagenic variety, or even spawned it by accident, and was absorbed into the infested group-mind...

You've hit it on the head--they are designed to look like no other current creatures in the warframe universe, because they're from the Orokin era (presumably).

My only critique is that I'd think the infestation would've made buff out a little more and look less elegant than they do right now.  They don't look grotesque enough.

I have to agree. They are way too clean.