Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newer Player looking for help

Ghostshott

Question

Hey guys

Im a newer Player To warframe Played it a really Long time ago like ages ago when it first came out now im really getting back into it im stuggling with damage ATM I have a few mods Leveled up serration as much as i can afford and have catalyst on weapon and 1 foruma but am still struggling any tips or advice Ive made it as far as Urans and get stomped by the assassination target there while doing almost no damage to him.  What are some good places to farm out some mods?

-1r0nH1dE

15 answers to this question

For a basic lesson on the key points in Warframe you can go to the Codex (Console thing in the far left area of your ship) and click on training. There you should find all the basic information you need to get started. For modding you want all the basic damage and multishot mods you have. For elemental damage mods you want to have the correct one against the right enemies. For example you can combine electric and toxic damage mods to create corrosive damage. Corrosive damage can melt right through Grineer armor. Toxic damage can bypass Corpus shields and go straight to their health. Heat and toxic damage combined creates gas damage, which is deadly against infestation.

12 minutes ago, Ghostshott said:

Hey guys

Im a newer Player To warframe Played it a really Long time ago like ages ago when it first came out now im really getting back into it im stuggling with damage ATM I have a few mods Leveled up serration as much as i can afford and have catalyst on weapon and 1 foruma but am still struggling any tips or advice Ive made it as far as Urans and get stomped by the assassination target there while doing almost no damage to him.  What are some good places to farm out some mods?

-1r0nH1dE

What frame and weapons are you using at the moment? 

How do you mod your weapons? Only physical damage, or are you using elemental as well? If yes, are you using the correct combo for the appropriate faction ? 

Corrosive [ Electrical + Toxic] is best for Grineer, Corrupted and Infested. Viral [Cold + Toxic]/Toxin is best for Corpus as far as basics go. Here you can find everything you need about how the damage works in Warframe in detail : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Edited by aligatorno

For farming you could just enter the highest level survival/defense mission you can do without too much struggle. You can purchase codex scanners to scan enemies to find their weaknesses and to see which mods they drop. You can also view Warframe Wiki for information.

If you don't have Frost and/or Rhino you should try to get them now. They're both easy to get and very powerful.

Don't add a forma to a weapon unless you have run out of mod space on that weapon. Don't add an Orokin reactor/catalyst to a weapon/warframe you are not sure you're dedicated to using.

Edited by Duckboy3825

Make sure to play to the weapons strengths as well. If it has a higher crit percentage then mod for critical chance and damage. Same with status. Most weapons are a trade off and if you try to play both sides you'll end up not making the most of a weapon. On rare occasions it works but it's a general rule of thumb to mod crit or status.

In Warframe mods are the most important thing not the gun. If you're struggling with Uranus go back to a different planet you're able to do without a problem then farm there for endo to level up your mods so you don't struggle with damage.

What frames and weapons do you currently have ? Some mods are pointless to use on certain guns which is why more info can give me more of an idea on how to help. You already have Serration which is really good I'd recommend trying to get split chamber and heavy cal if you're using rifles. Those three mods are the main mods you're going to basically use on all rifles for pure damage and other mods just depends on the stats of the gun. 

p.s  I'd highly recommend never spending plat on mods even if people say it's a good idea it honestly isn't. Since you're a new player as well you'll eventually struggle with not having enough Warframe or weapon slots which can make the game boring due to not having a lot of variety in gameplay.

I Currently have Rhino Who has a reactor in him and a volt I mainly wanna play tank type frames with my friends  I have a Krata rifle Furies pistole and the grineere bow staff thingy I do not have split chamber or heavy cal thought Also so many awsome replies sp fast this community is great!!

1 hour ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

In Warframe mods are the most important thing not the gun. If you're struggling with Uranus go back to a different planet you're able to do without a problem then farm there for endo to level up your mods so you don't struggle with damage.

What frames and weapons do you currently have ? Some mods are pointless to use on certain guns which is why more info can give me more of an idea on how to help. You already have Serration which is really good I'd recommend trying to get split chamber and heavy cal if you're using rifles. Those three mods are the main mods you're going to basically use on all rifles for pure damage and other mods just depends on the stats of the gun. 

p.s  I'd highly recommend never spending plat on mods even if people say it's a good idea it honestly isn't. Since you're a new player as well you'll eventually struggle with not having enough Warframe or weapon slots which can make the game boring due to not having a lot of variety in gameplay.

Ok so the current set up is Rhino  with the Karak (1 foruma + 1 catalyst) with serration at level 8  120% rifle damage    point strike infected clip stormbringer rifle apitude fast hands ammo drum and piercing hit  Furis rank 30 convulsion heated charge pistol gambit razor shot trick mag quickdraw and concussion rounds  and amphis shocking touch fury rending stikes fever stikes meelee prowess and pressue point 

Side note:

If you haven't done the Free Prime with Prime thing yet I'd recommend it if you can. Basically get a trial of twitch prime, link your Warframe account, and get a free Frost prime with a nice syandana. You can cancel the trial after you get him. Frost is a solid frame and was one of the first I went after when I was new. It's the only way to get him currently unless you buy his blueprints from another player. You can't beat free.

2 hours ago, Ghostshott said:

-snip-

That's the main build that I use for the Karak just change the elements depending on factions.( Crash course is an event mod so you can either use the farmable version that has lower stats or just change the mod out completely. 

Spoiler

3a1eca6681632db7f184309c11e22e62.png

Same thing with the Karak, bore is an event mod so it's  up to you.

Spoiler

fecb0c147ef18cfdc4332d4d7a7e151a.png

I don't have a build for the Amphis but polearms have far reach making them pretty good. You mainly want more range, attack speed and two elements depending on what faction you're against. With the remaining space it depends on what you like more, there's mods like life strike to get HP back, if you enjoy using melee you can use body count + blood rush as well it takes a bit to build a high combo meter but once you have it high enough your melee will start doing crazy damage. 

Hopefully this does help you out, I do understand there might be a lot of mods you don't own in these builds I posted but they can also be used as place holders. Put whatever you have until you get some of the other mods. it can take a while but that's the type of game Warframe is. Mods I'd say that take the highest priorities for rifles are those three (serration,heavy cal & split chamber) Pistols - Hornet strike,lethal torrent & barrel diffusion these three mods will also be used on pretty much every pistol. Melees - pressure point, blood rush/body count and elemental mods. Even with just these three main mods on each weapon you'll see a very big improvement I'd say tho don't sink all of your endo into one mod level them all up a bit so you get the benefit of all three just take it one step at a time and just enjoy the game while farming. 

Also if you'd like I can post some Rhino builds that I have. The thing with Rhino is he can be played in different ways like being a tank, focusing on buffing more or crowd control it depends a lot on your playstyle.

1 hour ago, Ghostshott said:

Ok so the current set up is Rhino  with the Karak (1 foruma + 1 catalyst) with serration at level 8  120% rifle damage    point strike infected clip stormbringer rifle apitude fast hands ammo drum and piercing hit  Furis rank 30 convulsion heated charge pistol gambit razor shot trick mag quickdraw and concussion rounds  and amphis shocking touch fury rending stikes fever stikes meelee prowess and pressue point 

I suspect you used "auto-upgrade" on the Karak and others. If you did, then clean it out and start from scratch.

Always use base damage mods if you have them (Serration, Hornet Strike, Point Blank, Pressure Point) ranked as high as you can. Always use multishot mods maxed. That should be the base on all weapons.

Look at weapon stats. If it has high critical hit chance (I would say at least 20%) enhance that using +crit chance AND +crit damage mods. (hint: ditch Point Strike on Karak)

Get at least elemental combo tailored to faction you are facing - take a look at http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 to decide. For Grineer that would be corrosive (electric + toxin) or radiation (electric + heat). Karak has fairly high status chance so corrosive may be better for stripping armour, especially agnist harder units.

If you use physical damage mods (you shouldn't - another element is usually better) use the one matching the majority or your damage (i.e. impact on Karak) and never ever use the +30% version of it (hint: ditch Piercing Hit on Karak)

I didn't look at Furis or Amphis but you see how it goes - if weapon has high crit chance (none of yours has) then go with crit mods, otherwise go damage or damage/status but again the +15% status mod is a waste, another element or 60/60 mod is better. Also it is always better to have 1 maxed mod than 2 unranked.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)Deflinek said:

Snip

Thank you so much im doing alot better know having read what you said and looked at it side by side with the game makes  better sense and was really easy to put into practice thank you!!!!

12 hours ago, theMongoose said:

Side note:

If you haven't done the Free Prime with Prime thing yet I'd recommend it if you can. Basically get a trial of twitch prime, link your Warframe account, and get a free Frost prime with a nice syandana. You can cancel the trial after you get him. Frost is a solid frame and was one of the first I went after when I was new. It's the only way to get him currently unless you buy his blueprints from another player. You can't beat free.

i didnt have the original frost but frost prime in  may 3rd 2013 when the fusion moa event(the first event in open beta and first prime that was craftable).

still twitch prime is a option but you could also farm platinum and buy frost prime.

or you can wait for the next unvaulting of the icy frame.