Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This can be useful

Rocnolia

Question

Hello guys, this time i'm not here for reporting a bug but to give hope to some having connection issues!
Let me explain: I was having strict Nat when i recently changed my computer to another one and surprisingly i started having a lot of matchmaking issues.

I reasoned on the fact that the old pc didn't had this kind of problems so i escluded the router from my personal troubleshooting and disabled my firewall on pc but still nothing.
Then i figured out that, if it wasn't neither the firewall on pc  neither the firewall on the router (i was in DMZ), then the problem should have been on the net adapter!

Well i searched the settigs on the net adapter and find out that on Windows 10 (64) some intel net card comes with the setting that seems to not allowing external client connections to the pc! 

what i did was:

1. Write wi-fi on cortana and opened the wifi settings page
  2. going to net card setting (on the right side menu)
  3. doublecliked on my net adapter
  4. clicked on properties
  5. gone to sharing tab
  6. checked the the internet sharing on lan option

Don't know why, but this lan setting somehow fixed my strict nat problem in a glimpse!

My net adapter is a Intel dual band wireless-AC 3168.

I really hope this can help other players or DE finding out what happened on some computers (especially on laptops).

Cya on the starchart , fellow tennos!

P.S.: I'm sorry if my english speech is not quite brilliant! It got a bit "rusty" nowadays!:poop:

1 answer to this question