The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Asset load glitch / corrupt rendering for split second

JoshInSpace

POTATO DISCLAIMER:

An old GPU (the one I primarily use) and an onboard gpu were used for these tests.

Both tests ran on an up-to-date Windows 10 64bit, Core i7-4770k stock 3.5Ghz w/ Hyperthreading ON, 8gb RAM, DX10 and DX9 modes

Game files were verified and optimised after encountering bug and before testing.

Old GPU: Radeon HD 4850 512mb VRAM, Catalyst 13.4 Beta Windows8 legacy drivers (final release until discontinued)  - 13.1 was also tested. NOT using driver from Windows Update.

Onboard GPU: Intel HD 4600 512mb VRAM (user allocated amount through BIOS), 15.40.34.4624 drivers (30 March 2017).

Issue occurs on the Radeon card and not on the Intel iGPU.

Update 21 brought along an issue where on loading a new warframe whether it'd be in the arsenal or someone joining in a relay, I'd see something black flicker for a split second. I ended up recording a short gameplay video and went frame-by-frame to see what the flicker was and this is what I ended up with:

ilVhlvt.jpg

Looks like when it tries to load the physics part of Trinity, it bugs out. Another shot below has it stretch out over the entire screen:

GTW541X.jpg

Both were taken from separate instances and each only lasted a single frame from a 60 fps recording.

This also happened when clicking on Titania, Vauban Prime, and Volt Prime where some of them are using syandanas w/ physics.

I'm guessing my 2008 card and 2013 drivers are too far behind for Warframe nowadays but none of this happened pre-U21.

Edited by JoshInSpace