Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QT question

pikaseechu

Question

I have the following build for Inaros:

Corrosive Projection - Rush

Vitality, Steel Fiber, Rage, Quick Thinking, Streamline, Intensify, Stretch, Provoked

I ask for some expert advice - my BF broke it to me today that QT doesn't mitigate damage with Rage equipped. I thought that the reason stagger was added was because it was "i reached 2 HP lol godmode no ded frame thnx QT" so they added a balance check (no longer works if hitting 2HP or something) after adding stagger. But if QT doesn't reduce incoming damage because of Rage then I'll rip it off my build and shred it. 

Does it work everytime I take damage regardless of Rage being equipped or am I a blind fool for leaving it on him since he came out?  ( I'm still going to take damage but much less with a constantly filling energy pool if it works. I thought that was why I was facetanking lvl 100+ Bombard shots with him.)

5 answers to this question

Rage only works when you have above 2 HP. QT only works below 2 HP. They interact through the energy pool that works as additional HP buffer. Rage fills it, QT depletes it, keeping you alive while you find the means to recover health, which is a non-issue for Inaros.

Edited by LABAL

1 hour ago, LABAL said:

Rage only works when you have above 2 HP. QT only works below 2 HP. They interact through the energy pool that works as additional HP buffer. Rage fills it, QT depletes it, keeping you alive while you find the means to recover health, which is a non-issue for Inaros.

So to answer my question - Rage does not negate QT, am I right? And QT only works when it's under 2HP? I'm using it wrong then lol

3 hours ago, pikaseechu said:

So to answer my question - Rage does not negate QT, am I right? And QT only works when it's under 2HP? I'm using it wrong then lol

Yes, Rage doesn't negate QT. However QT without (Primed) Flow on Inaros doesn't give that much buffer as he doesn't have that much of energy anyway. You may consider swapping Provoked for it.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Deflinek said:

Yes, Rage doesn't negate QT. However QT without (Primed) Flow on Inaros doesn't give that much buffer as he doesn't have that much of energy anyway. You may consider swapping Provoked for it.

I swap Maxed P Flow out with Provoked when I go into sortie - but I usually don't see a reason to have Flow on a frame that can get energy back almost instantly if a few stray bullets land on it.

1 hour ago, pikaseechu said:

I swap Maxed P Flow out with Provoked when I go into sortie - but I usually don't see a reason to have Flow on a frame that can get energy back almost instantly if a few stray bullets land on it.

That's all good but you need a reason to use QT in the first place. Inaros with Vitality sports 4620 HP. According to wiki QT at max rank adds 360 additional hit points for frame with 150 energy. It's less than 8%. With maxed Primed Flow it's 1020 additional hit points (22% increase)

Now, normal Vigor will boost your HP to 5280 (+660) and maxed Primed Vigor to 5830 (+1210), respectively 14% and 26% increase. Without stagger, regardless of current energy (probably maxed at this point with Rage, but it takes another slot).

Single maxed Primed Vigor gives you more hit points than 3 other mods - Rage, QT and Primed Flow. Even you don't have it yet then just Vigor and/or maybe Armored Agility may be a better option.

Your millage may vary but in my opinion (Primed) Vigor would be much better choice for Inaros. On the other hand the stagger may not be that bad. For me it's just the stagger when I notice I have alarmingly low health.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek