Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm coming home, so what's new?

OokamiDamashi

Question

Hey everyone, 

I used to play Warframe avidly until my laptop broke down about a year and a half ago ish.. (I was able to participate in Tyl Regor's event before it died)

And recently I've been able to start building a pc, I've just ordered my first piece on a pretty restrictive budget that may take me a couple months to be able to get all the pieces;but in the mean time I was going to go through patch notes and Dev streams to be able to see what I should dive into when I return!

I was wondering what would be a good first toe dip into the pool? 

I still have yet to do the major lore quests. I wanted to ask around and see where I should start. 

Anyways, I'm really excited to be returning after I can build this computer. 

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Oh my, you're really late to the party! A lot has changed since that, in fact I wasn't even around at the time of Reggie's event!

Anyways, I'll try and list what's changed:

1. New quests

Spoiler

1. A Man of a Few Words: Darvo's buddy needs saving, he's a lovely little chap, but he only has 1 word in his vocabulary. 

2. The Jordas Precept: Venture into deep space to help a Cephalon who has been infested...though you'll be the one crying for help at the end of this. Completion of the quest gives access to a new boss fight and the Atlas Warframe, a rock themed Warframe who packs a big, BIG punch.

3. Sands of Inaros: Introducing the desert x sand themed Warframe, Inaros. Explore Baro Ki'Teer's backstory and his relationship to the Sand Guardian who *spoiler spoiler something* until *spoilers*. At the end of the quest, you get all of Inaros's parts. He's got the highest health in-game but no shields, however he regenerates health from killing enemies with melee finishers. He's very fun. 

4. The SIlver Grove: Return to Earth under the orders of New Loka's Amaryn (the leader) and unveil the mystery behind the Titania warframe, a butterfly-fairy themed warrior who..um...she's not very impressive, actually. Her 4th ability is fun though, it's a channeled form where you go into mini-archwing, with 2 weapons: The Dex Pixia and Dex Diwata

5. The Second Dream: A cinematic quest that goes deep into Tenno history, showing who we really are...we also get Lotus in our ship at the end, and you get one of the best swords in-game for free. One of the best quests, in my opinion. Completion of this quest unlocks the "Operator"...

6. The War Within: Also a very very awesome quest. We explore deeper still into the Operator's roots, and get a glimpse of Grineer Heritage...and a damn good view of the mountains. You will want to take screenshots...

F105AB911DD49373AB39D809AB3B3A73FD7C20D0

7. The Glast Gambit: Help the Myconian Colony, a group of Corpus who have found a way to live among the Infested, and then save the sweetest little girl in the world. After the quest you unlock some Nidus warframe, but whatever. The main highlight is that you can hang the little sweeheart's drawings all over your liset!!

I think the Perrin Sequence are involved too, but meh. 

8. Octavia's anthem: Help Suda save herself from insanity (and a bad person *spoilers*) by playing music for her. Afterwards you unlock the Octavia Warframe, a music themed warrior who absolutely dominates in Defense missions. Also you can make your own music, which plays during her abilities! 

9. Chains of Harrow: The most recent update, Warframe takes a steep dive into darkness, plunging you suddenly into terrifying, scary ambiance. Try playing it with the lights off and surround sound headphones like I did and I guarantee you'll stay up...and wish you'd never done it. Completion of the quest will probably cause you to wet your pants and have a new perspective on autism and how to help people with it. You also unlock the Harrow warframe, probably my favourite frame too. He's shield focused, and he can dispense health as well and provide more energy than EV trin. He also has an invulnerability buff that rewards crit chance based on how much damage you took while you were invincible.

...I think the quests are in that order.

2. Star Chart + Void reworked

Spoiler

Firstly, Draco is dead, it has been changed to an exterminate. A lot of the planets have had their levels changed. Now Ceres is level 20~ and Sedna is the highest level Grineer planet. 

The Void is also changed completely. The void still exists, but as a planet with nodes and argon drops and all. This is how Prime Parts work now (oh boy this is gonna be a long one...)

Now and then, Void Fissure missions will be available, you can see them on the alert tab, in a different header.

Void Fissure missions are sorted according to Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi.

In these missions, you need to bring a Void Relic along. Void Relics come in Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi types. 

You can only bring Lith relics to Lith missions, and Axi relics to Axi missions etc.

Relics in their type are sorted with a letter and a number: For example, Lith V4, Meso V5, Neo B2, and so on. They aren't really in order of reward (I think)

Each relic (type, letter and number) has a chance to reward different items, these items can overlap. For example, a Lith V4 relic and a Neo N7 relic can reward a Venka Prime Blade at the end of the mission.

If I equip a Lith V4 relic for a Lith mission, corrupted enemies will spawn, and they will drop Void Traces. Collect 10 (I think) and the relic will crack, once it has cracked you will get a random item from its drop table when you extract.

Each Relic has its own drop table, rewards can overlap across relics, but an item will only appear once in a relic's drop table.

The drops are sorted according to Common, Uncommon and Rare. For example, an Axi A1 relic's drop table is this:

Common: Fragor Prime Head, Braton Prime Stock, Trinity Prime Systems Blueprint

Uncommon: Dual Kamas Prime Handle, Akstilleto Prime Barrel

Rare: Nikana Prime blueprint.

Relics can be refined to increase the chance of rare items dropping and decrease the chance of more common items dropping. Relics start out as Intact, then require 25 Void Traces to be upgraded to Exceptional, 50 Void Traces to be upgraded to Flawless, then 100 to Radiant. 

If you go for a Fissure Mission in a squad, the chance to get a rare item stacks (I think) if you all have the exact same relic of the same refinement level.

Relics can be sold for ducats.

Also, some relics have drops in their table that should have been rotated out. For example, I have an Axi E1 relic that has Frost Prime Neuroptics Blueprint (helmets have been changed to neuroptics, its just a name change) as a common drop. Even though Frost Prime is vaulted, the relic stays in my inventory, and I believe I can still use it to obtain the rewards.

3. Weapon buffs and nerfs:

Spoiler

Tonkor is dead.

Synoid Simulor is now more effective if you fire shots and detonate them with alt-fire immediately

All Bows got buffs

Opticor is a very good weapon now for stealth.

Paracyst has been given increased status, I use it now.

Braton, Lato and Bo have been given re-skins and look a lot better now.

Lots of new weapons, I recomment the Hirudo and the Zarr. The Hirduo regen health every time you crit, so it's really good. The Zarr is a flak shotgun x tsar bomber, it's exceptional blowing up infested.

4. CAAAATS

Spoiler

KAVATS ARE THE NEW CAT PETS AND they are super hard to get. Check out the Warframe Wikia for info on them, my fingers are getting tired.

The Helminth Kubrow (spoilers) is available after the Glast Gambit quest, it's probably better than all the other pets in raw power. It's an infested pet, and it's placeholder model was actually a Charger. It was really glitchy, but kinda cute. The charger skin (called Helminth degenerate) is available in the market for purchase with credits!

Aaaand that's not even half of it. Perhaps someone else can give you a better answer. If you have any questions feel free to pm me! :satisfied: