The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3D Printable Warframes

I too am interested in 3D Printing some Warframe stuff. Don't have a device myself (yet), but definitely taking on some stuff from this game will be at the top of things to use it for. I would like to make costumes and figures with it.

you're going to have much better luck if you try printing larger models (if you can) and in separate parts that you attach to the main body later.

for example embers leg things. you will have a much better model if you cut off her leg things, flatten them in your 3D software, print them, then use a heat gun or some other source of heat to bend them to the proper shape, then attach them to the final model once its been sanded and all that.

also 3D printing isn't really meant for mass production. only thing 3D printing is good for right now is making prototypes, or for a rough model that you sand and finish with other tools then use that model to make a cast.

Just now, HerpDerpy said:

you're going to have much better luck if you try printing larger models (if you can) and in separate parts that you attach to the main body later.

for example embers leg things. you will have a much better model if you cut off her leg things, flatten them in your 3D software, print them, then use a heat gun or some other source of heat to bend them to the proper shape, then attach them to the final model once its been sanded and all that.

also 3D printing isn't really meant for mass production. only thing 3D printing is good for right now is making prototypes, or for a rough model that you sand and finish with other tools then use that model to make a cast.

Ah, yes. As you could see, I was having luck with printing the parts out separately. I was running into issues with the print sticking to the build plate, but that is a printer issue, not so much a modeling issue. I plan on using the painter's tape and glue stick method as a classmate reported that that had worked flawlessly for his prints. Printing them flat and then curving them, huh? I may need to try this. Yeah, I know it isn't really meant for mass production, I was trying to get quick experiments printed out to see what worked and what didn't. Injection molding is more for finished products.