Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura System - Much Improved, But Another Tweek Idea

liavalenth

I first want to say I like the new aura system. By having them grant more mod capacity they make lower level frames, especially newly made or just Forma'd ones, much more useful.

Having said that there are a large amount of people who do not like them. A lot of this reason, IMO, is that they came out after forma. Had they come out before Forma most of the problem would not exist. There is the other problem that for fairly little cost they become stronger, granting you more of their effect and more mod points per fusion. I think this should be reversed, where every level of the Aura decreases the mod capacity granted but increases the Auras affects.

For example, Energy Siphon currently grants +2/3/4/5/6/7 Mod Capacity and .1/.2/.3/.4/.5/.6 Energy Regen from ranks 0/1/2/3/4/5. This is a incredible +7 Mod Capacity and .6 Energy Regen at Rank 5. With my idea, it would grant +7/6/5/4/3/2 Mod Capacity and .1/.2/.3/.4/.5/.6 Energy Regen at Rank 0/1/2/3/4/5. This way you get less mod capacity for greater Aura strength. So you have to choose rather you want increased mod capacity, or increased strength for the entire party.

This would not alleviate the problem people have with the current system, but it would help. It would also be more balanced IMO.

Edited by liavalenth

No this wont work... DEV said that they are working on a better use for mastery rank, well why not 1 rank of aura mod = 1 matery rank

EX: to use an unleveled aura mod u need to be mastery 0 (everyone can use it)

But for an aura mod lv 5 u need to be mastery rank 5 this may balance new players beeing so uber and ppl to get mastery points for more reasons  than just weapons