Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need a List of Mods to Buy

Fizzik

Question

Hey, I am a returning player who hasn't played for over a year. I've noticed that the metas have shifted pretty dramatically and new mods have been released. I have 240 plat to spare, would any of you guys mind giving me a complete list (Rifles, warframes, secondaries) of mods I should buy from the trading section to get back into the groove? Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Condition Overload is a MUST, it easily outdamages crit builds on status weapons. You can get Weeping wounds if you have a weapon you like but it is not status capable. 

Drifting Contact ,for bonus status chance and combo duration

Sacarifice and Primed Regen for sentinels. It practically gives you 4 bonus revives. 

Now riven exist, which are weapons specific mods that have random stats and can be rolled using kuva for different ones. You can obtain them from sorties [if rngeezus blesses you] or from trading. If you have a weapon you really love, you should get a riven for it. 

Chromatic Blade is an augment for Excalibur's Exalted Blade which turns it into a murder machine. 

Neutralizing Justice is a Mitter augment which dispells a Nulifier's shield in one hit. [You can get it from Steel Meridian]

Cyclone Kraken if you like machetes, it's a new and powerful for them.

Edited by aligatorno

Same as above, Condition overload is absolutely crazy 1,6x damage for each condition on the enemy and the effect is multiplicative.

So not:    weapon damage x (1+.6+.6+.6)
but:         weapon damage x 1.6 = ... x 1.6 = ... x 1.6

WF Wiki Mods

In the interest of avoiding a wall of text as much as possible you can open the link for the Wiki and take a look at the mods in their different categories.

Frames:  Blind Rage, Constitution, Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded, Overextended, Rage.  This list assumes you have the other mods that are common in builds covered through drops: Continuity, Flow, Intensify, Steel Fiber, Streamline, Stretch, Vitality.  Depending on how you build your frames you may also be interested in picking up the 'Drift' mods for your exilus slots.  For auras Corrosive Projection is probably the most desired and the most used for group play.

I recommend you try to get the following for at least one primary weapon category and secondaries:  damage increase, multishot, elemental damage, elemental damage/increased status chance

For example: Rifles - Cryo Rounds, Hellfire, High Voltage, Infected Clip, Malignant Force, Rime Rounds, Serration, Split Chamber, Stormbringer, Thermite Rounds

Melee works somewhat differently.  Though you still want damage increase, elemental damage and elemental damage/increased status chance mods in addition you should shoot for:

Berserker, Blood Rush, Fury, Life Strike, Reach

Some of those mods for a melee combo setup which is useful for a large number of melee weapons.  The others are useful for different reasons.

You'll get some of these mods from drops.  Also note that in the different weapon categories some of these mods might be expensive based on rarity.  If you try for those mods for your frames and the listed mods for the weapon categories you'll be covered for most of the mods you need for their relevant builds.