Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Captain Vor Boss Makeover, The First Of Many?

MonsieurZero

I really love what was done with Captain Vor, new design, new voiceover, new animations, new battle mechanics, everything [kudos to the Devs and Design Team]. However, the special treatment that Vor received makes the rest of the Warframe bosses [at least the ones that I've battled, I have yet to defeat a few of them] seem dull in comparison, as they [iMO] lack the uniquity that Vor now wields.

So, my question is this; are the rest of the bosses bound to receive a complete overhaul, something that makes them stand out -and stand over their respective race- as "bosses"

Something more... profound... than a size difference, reskin or colour tweak.

I believe I heard something on Livestream #10 about a boss that was three stories in height. Was this the description of a revamping of J3-Golem, a void boss, or a practical joke? The reason I'm asking is because if this was a revamping of J3-Golem, then my initial question will be answered with that fact.

Edited by MonsieurZero

I believe I heard something on Livestream #10 about a boss that was three stories in height. Was this the description of a revamping of J3-Golem, a void boss, or a practical joke? The reason I'm asking is because if this was a revamping of J3-Golem, then my initial question will be answered with that fact.

Seemed legit to me tbh.

I doubt DE would be such teases, in the event they get called out and raged at lol.

Edited by Ronin666

Vor is actually the second boss to receive his revamp. The first was Lech Kril whom I'm guessing you haven't met yet. Jackal is also a pretty ok designed boss(his knockdown period and amount of health lost between phases needs tweaked still). The next boss to get a revamp is indeed the J3-Golem. They've been talking about it for quite a while. He was originally supposed to revamp into an amalgamation of all infested enemies as one, but they've apparently changed to make him a 5-6 story tall boss of which they haven't really said anything about. After Golem, Sargas Ruk is the next boss that's getting a revamp(or maybe not, but they definitely said they're looking at him. I only make note of this because they've been talking about the Golem revamp since before we even heard about Vor being changed).

Some of the bosses seem unique as they are now both in gameplay and appearance but some of them could do with being more than a palette swap appearance wise. I always assumed they where simply place holders until they could get around to making them more unique anyway.

Vor is actually the second boss to receive his revamp. The first was Lech Kril whom I'm guessing you haven't met yet. Jackal is also a pretty ok designed boss(his knockdown period and amount of health lost between phases needs tweaked still). The next boss to get a revamp is indeed the J3-Golem. They've been talking about it for quite a while. He was originally supposed to revamp into an amalgamation of all infested enemies as one, but they've apparently changed to make him a 5-6 story tall boss of which they haven't really said anything about. After Golem, Sargas Ruk is the next boss that's getting a revamp(or maybe not, but they definitely said they're looking at him. I only make note of this because they've been talking about the Golem revamp since before we even heard about Vor being changed).

*Googles Lech Kril*

Holy mother of... Now THAT's a boss!!!

*ahem* You are correct, I have yet to face him. Thank you knowledgeable sir, I believe my initial question has been answered. I only hope that the redesigns in the future look as amazing as him and Captain Vor.

Edited by MonsieurZero

As far as I know, most bosses are more or less placeholders right now. Some give a better idea of what to expect, others are just generic-ish more powerful mob variants. And yeah, Vor was not the first one in the "boss overhaul" project, so yeah, ultimately all bosses are intended to be a tad more complex and different from regular mobs then they are right now.

Edited by JamnikPucek

As others have said, yes it can be assumed that all the bosses are getting a makeover.

Lech Kril was the first, and IMO the best in the game right now.

Vor was next, and he's probably the second best boss in the game now.

I'm really looking forward to J3-Golem, cause he is basically just a toxic ancient with a pull gimmick now (Then again, most of the bosses are "standard enemy, but with this gimmick").

In all honesty, I'd love to see Nef Anyo remade over Ruk.  Yeah Ruk could use a bit of work, but Nef Anyo is so forgetable and horrendously bad as a boss that I think he really needs to be looked at.  Same thing could be said with Tyl Regor in a way.