Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Rhino please!!

twerksta

ok here are a few of my own personal problems with rhino. The character feels the most unOriginal character of the warframe set so far.. Every single ability/skill is a recycle of another warframes but done worse and much more useless.. Rhino Charge is a weaker excalibur slash dash, iron skin is same as trinitys momentary invonerablity, and here we come to the 2 least appealing rhino skills both exactly the same thing.. both equally useless Radial blast and the rhino stomp.. both are the same exact thing.. very weak both have same effects essentially. Both are also a very much weaker version of Excaliburs radial javelin.. In all honesty there is nothing that makes the rhino feel unique or original.. so he gets a tad bit extra armor? its useless , build an excalibur and give your skill tree more mod slots u will have larger shield then rhino and be far more powerful.. and much quicker.. the thing that feels original to the rhino is how slow he runs.. and how awkward it feels performing ninja skills with him, flips/wall runs/slides all just feel unnatural with the rhino..

i know its sort of a harsh opinion of the rhino but i really had higher expectation of rhino when i was waiting to play it.

Am i the only one who feels this way? or how many other players out there hope for a Rhino Rehaul? lets get some Votes or something going for this!

Definite +1 for a Rhino Rehaul, and well made points. Keep the basic idea of his playstyle, but give it more utlity and uniqueness. Also, I don't understand why he has to be so much slower than all of the others... Just frustrating to play.

personally, I'd like to see rhino have more shield upgrades at the cost of power upgrades.

Also, compared to the fourth ability of other frames, I am underwhelmed with stomp. Useful, but unimpressive thus far. I Agree that rhino plays a lot like a slow excaliber, with iron skin replacing super jump.

Perhaps shields could recharge while in iron skin, too? So far, I've noticed it allows me to ignore litally all damage, but many times I find I have to burn up precious secodns looking for cover so I can hide and recharge my shields... I'd love a 25 energy "Shield recharge" skill on the rhino instead of stomp or blast! Or a skill that buffs ammo, since the rhino can and is appearantly designed to stay in the fight longer..

Rhino Charge (Offense): AOE and range are fine. Shorter, but wider than excalibur. But it needs more power to be useful.

Iron Skin (Defense): I want this to STAY. It has saved my &#! countless times. But I do feel it should render rhino immune to lesser knockbacks and stuns, but it should still be possible to knock him on his &#!.

Radial Blast (Push): Change this to a forward cone attack, give it more oomph. I want a forward facing crowd control attack that doesn't move me from my spot. I want to be in front and defending my teammates by holding back a tide of infested chargers. The knockback should be extremely violent and send enemies flying. If you want forward facing damage, that's what the charge is for. This should be more suited to directional crowd control.

Rhino Stomp (Control): I like it as is, but I feel the effects should be increased. It IS an ultimate after all.

Stomp idea #2: Have rhino stomp launch enemies straight up, causing them to impact the ceiling painfully, float in stasis for a while, then fall and hit the floor for further damage. In some areas enemies would fall right into pits and die, and in smaller rooms they would basically become skeet for your allies.

As for his lowered foot speed? That's fine. He's a big heavy tank and I don't mind giving up a bit of speed.

Edited by Nyss

I recently built Rhino, he's not lvl10 yet and I'm already bored:

- Solo missions are a pain. The low run speed doesn't match the fast pace of this game. Yeah, frustrating...

- Online it's even worse, the room is already half empty when you finally get there. If you ever stop, you'll never manage to catch up with the rest of the group. Once again, frustrating...

But the skills are fine I guess, maybe the charge could use a tiny little more range at low level. It looks more like a "big step forward" than a "charge" at lvl1...