Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested pet

Nega_Nebulus

Question

So I bought Nydus on release and got him infested, I crafted the infested pet but it died sadly, i took a long break from warframe and it died, rip ..... anyway I saw that they updated the model and now it looks nice and all but how do you get i infested these days? the door will open only for nydus but no X button to sit on the chair, and ive been playing for a while and no one has that mark anymore to get infested

5 answers to this question

If you didn't cure the Helminth Cyst on all your Warframes, just grab a 'frame that has never been infected and run a mission with someone who either has Nidus, or a fully matured cyst of their own.

Keep in mind that draining a cyst to create a Helminth Charger, does not cure the infected Warframe.  It just resets the Cyst's progress - it'll regrow back to full maturity with time, at which point you can make a new Charger.

4 minutes ago, progamesit said:

So I bought Nydus on release and got him infested, I crafted the infested pet but it died sadly, i took a long break from warframe and it died, rip ..... anyway I saw that they updated the model and now it looks nice and all but how do you get i infested these days? the door will open only for nydus but no X button to sit on the chair, and ive been playing for a while and no one has that mark anymore to get infested

If you have other frames they can be also open the door if they infected with the helminth virus. Simply use other frames which not infected yet and go play on public mission there is a big chance your frame will be infected, wait then a week and you have a full grown cyst on your neck then you can make a new infested pet.

Only Nidus or a Warframe that has a fully matured cyst can open the door to Helminth.  If you 'just crafted' Valkyr, the cyst hasn't had time to grow in yet if she's infected.  Just play some public missions, she'll get infected sooner or later.

Edited by Arkvold

Just run in public, be sure to "touch" other players in mission. If they are infected they will infect you too (if you didn't cure this frame before). They don't have to have the cyst visible or even know they are infected.

Also the door won't open until the cyst is fully mature (IIRC 7 days real time regardless if you play this frame or at all, it has 2 tendrils visible when matured) but DON'T use the chair again! You will just cure the cyst - use the incubator instead.

You can also consider incubator upgrade segment from tenno lab in dojo so your pets won't die if you are offline for too long.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek