The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

75% Off Deals; Can We Buy Multiple For One Account?

Polarthief

I understand I can only buy a pack once, but ALL THREE of the packs are 75% off. Can I buy all 3 and apply them all to one account is what I'm asking.

The Starter and Gift packs are $10 (ea) and the Tenno pack is $25. Can I spend $45 for all 3 packs?

Buy the 2 for yourself, then make a new steam account and keep buying the 10$ gift packs.

I have a steam account, but I downloaded warframe separately, how do I combine them? Do I need to redownload the client through steam? And how will I link my game account to my steam account to purchase the packs? Thanks for the help.

Just 'add game to steam' usually works Mr.Hearless. Look for the function under your library commands I believe it is.

I picked up the Tenno and Starter pack, never played this game before. I read the 1.5k plat is more than enough to be "comfortable" in the game via Steam forum. Would the experienced users concur with that statement?

More than enough, as long as you're not buying weapons and frames outright with platinum. Slots, potatoes, forma, color palettes, cosmetic, etc.

Edited by FateZero

Guys, I just bought the starter pack, got the platinum and the credits, but no affinity or credit boosters, do you know how to activate them?

Bought the pack too myself. Once I clicked OK on the prompt in-game to activate the Steam pack, the plat and credits were added instantly. The affinity and credit boosters took a little while longer to show up (maybe 10 minutes by my estimate).

Guys i just bought the starter pack, how do i know which are the "new" mod cards given ?

You'd have to sift through your mod UI - so unless you have a photographic memory of what mods you have before purchasing the pack it's kinda hard to tell. I noticed a Rage mod when I looked through mine (YESSSS) so I got lucky, it was the one thing I was really looking for anyway.

It'd be nice in the future if these Steam packs had a pop-up in-game too to tell you what new mods were added, similar to the one you get when you buy a Void key pack - it tells you exactly what keys you got.

I downloaded Warframe from the website, what happens if I download it from Steam now, disinstalling the previous version from my PC? Will I loose something?

Everything should be connected to my account, so it shouldn't really matter the way I install the game, but still I'm suspicious...

I downloaded Warframe from the website, what happens if I download it from Steam now, disinstalling the previous version from my PC? Will I loose something?

Everything should be connected to my account, so it shouldn't really matter the way I install the game, but still I'm suspicious...

Everything is stored on the server so you shouldn't lose anything on your account.

Edited by FateZero

I understand that after we buy we still have to select ok upon login to apply each pack we bought?

But I wish to buy both the tenno and starter pack but only have the boosters come into effect a few days later.

So do I buy it as a gift and store it in my steam inventory or keep selecting no whenever I login?

Everything in the Steam packs come into effect instantly when you click "OK" on the prompt in-game. I suppose you could keep clicking on "No" every time you log in, if you don't need the plat/credits/boosters right now.

Edited by Tulzscha

anyone bought more than one pack and manage to apply them one at a time?

WARNING!! You can't register duplicates of any pack on a single account! You can only register ONE of each pack on a single account. Keep this in mind when purchasing them, and DO NOT PURCHASE MULTIPLE STARTER PACKS FOR YOURSELF. It won't work.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/82201-we-did-it-tenno-warframe-starter-pack-10-on-steam-for-8-hours-only/

Edited by FateZero

More than enough, as long as you're not buying weapons and frames outright with platinum. Slots, potatoes, forma, color palettes, cosmetic, etc.

Good deal, that's what I've read also. No weapons / frames. Heard color palettes were also not a good idea to waste money on either. So what are the real "game changers" I should be using plat on? potatoes/slots/???/???

Good deal, that's what I've read also. No weapons / frames. Heard color palettes were also not a good idea to waste money on either. So what are the real "game changers" I should be using plat on? potatoes/slots/???/???

Yeah pretty much slots for more frame and weapon, potatoes to feed your frame and weapons (Don't go overboard on them though), sentinel if you don't have one yet, forma if you want (you know what forma does right?) pretty much those are the game changers, the rest is cosmetics (not really game changers, but you might like to look better), maybe a different helm for your favorite frame, but those drop from alerts if you don't mind waiting and feeling lucky.

Ok so theoretically I should be able to download the game via Steam, buy the pakcs, launch the game and login with the account I've used until now....right?

Yup that's how everyone that didn't start with steam is doing it or so I have heard.

Edited by FateZero

Heard color palettes were also not a good idea to waste money on either. So what are the real "game changers" I should be using plat on? potatoes/slots/???/???

Well you heard wrong. The Infested color pack is a must-buy. Looking pretty IS a game changer, the euphoria I get from looking at my fabulous hot pink and vomit green warframes makes me enjoy playing that much more. :D

But on the practical side though - good investments are potatoes and frame/weapon slots.

sorry, I meant anyone bought tenno and starter pack or all 3 different packs.

Anyway to apply each different pack separately (say over 3 weekends) which I will be able to use the boosters more efficiently?

basically anyone bought it as a gift and choose to store it in the inventory. how does that work? does the game still prompt you to apply?

sorry, I meant anyone bought tenno and starter pack or all 3 different packs.

Anyway to apply each different pack separately (say over 3 weekends) which I will be able to use the boosters more efficiently?

basically anyone bought it as a gift and choose to store it in the inventory. how does that work? does the game still prompt you to apply?

It only prompts you to applies the ones you have chosen to put into your library, the ones in your gift inventory are not applied. Once you want to redeem another pack, just go to your inventory and add it to your library, then you have to apply that pack to your account like you did the first pack.

Yeah pretty much slots for more frame and weapon, potatoes to feed your frame and weapons (Don't go overboard on them though), sentinel if you don't have one yet, forma if you want (you know what forma does right?) pretty much those are the game changers, the rest is cosmetics (not really game changers, but you might like to look better), maybe a different helm for your favorite frame, but those drop from alerts if you don't mind waiting and feeling lucky.

Thanks for your response, not sure what forma does. I'll read up on that while at work, all I've done so far is watch a player on twitch and asked a few q's. Jumped on the sale because I am stuck at work and the sale ends before I get out to try it. Not keen on using currency for in-game items, so those pro-tips are helpful. 

Well you heard wrong. The Infested color pack is a must-buy. Looking pretty IS a game changer, the euphoria I get from looking at my fabulous hot pink and vomit green warframes makes me enjoy playing that much more. :D

But on the practical side though - good investments are potatoes and frame/weapon slots.

haha, thanks! Yeah maybe in the future I'll be concerned with looking more 'merica (boss).