Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ancients... Where Is The Boot?

Guiltytwo

Question

10 answers to this question

I can only answer for the Toxic Ancient. The new weak point, are those 2 green circle on the stomach areas.

As for Ancient Healer and Ancient Disrupter I have failed miserable to find out the new weak point. It seems it's not on the same area.

Try the head, they seem to die alot faster whenever I shoot there imo. Still, it's hard to tell, or even see through the mosh pit of infested crawlers, leapers, chargers, ancients, allied tennos, and damage numbers flying everywhere, all the elemental damage particle effects dont help too. 

Ancient Healer lvl 53

Tested with clean Latron Prime

Head

16 damage

Anatomical right arm (flipper)

5 damage and an occasional 57 (weird hitbox)

Anatomical left arm (with digits)

57 damage

Lower appendages have 3 sections (from top to bottom)

Thigh - Shank - Foot

Anatomical right thigh to kneecap(?)

57 damage

Right shank

MISS spot

Right foot

MISS spot

Anatomical Left thigh to kneecap(?)

5 and an occasional 57 damage (maybe I was hitting the arm)

Left shank

MISS spot

Left foot

MISS spot

I don't know. Tried shooting at the lower appendages of an ancient healer again and my bullets do not hit the foot or shank. They just go through it and hit the floor. I was cloaked and standing 5-10 meters away from the Ancient and shot it's foot/shank several times but no bullet ever hit the foot or shank.

I shot many of them with my Gorgon and always try to stay on the same spot with my bullets (quite hard with a fully-spooled up Gorgon ready to empty 117 bullets into the poor guy in front of it).

Looks like the right leg still takes a ton of more damage than the rest. Occasionally, I reload my Gorgon when going after a full-hp ancient on Xini. If I just aim for the general hitbox of the ancient (stomach), it takes about 130-140 shots on Level60 Ancients. When going for the right leg (if you face him, the left one from your Point of View), i need about 60-70 shots and I see way higher damage numbers flying around.

Feels like the right leg is STILL the weakpoint of the Ancients. Not sure but it might be caused by them still having the damage-resistance values of the old models on the new ones, despite the fact that the hitbox and texture has been altered.

To make it easier to understand what I'm trying to say:

Take a Corpus Crewman. Takes x4 damage from AP-damage and Electric-Damage to the head. Now you overhaul the model and switch out left-arm and head with each other. Now, whilst both the model AND the hitbox has changed to fit the texture, but the damage-values have not. The Left-Arm sticking out of where the head used to be will most likely still take the head-multipliers while the head now takes left-arm damage. So if you shoot the left-arm sticking out of his throat, it takes x4 damage from AP and Electric-Mods, whilst the head-hitbox, located where the former left-arm was, takes (not sure about the exact numbers) x1 damage from AP and x2 damage from Electric-Mods.