Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested Change To The Aura System

Gregio

Hello, my name's Gregio. and this is Jackass.

I was reading a couple threads on things like, how Infested Impedance doesn't make enough of a difference on it's own, unless more than one squad members uses it, same going for the anti-armor and anti-shield auras, as well as other Auras, like Rifle Amp, for example.

Between that and most players at the moment either a) farming the new content in the void and b) just repeating endless defense endlessly, most squads simply find Quad Siphon to be the be all end all of the game. I highly doubt this is an intended feature for the game.

So, my suggestion would be to double or triple the effect of all Auras, yes, you heard right, but keep on reading.
Increase the effect of all Auras, so equipping a maxed version of that Aura actually makes a difference, even if you have only one Infested Impedance, Infested will move 35 to 50% slower. That's a big interference, right?

"But if it moves 35% slower and we have 4 of them, are the infested gonna move IN NEGATIVE SPEED? OH MY GOD."
No. Why? Because the core of my suggestion is that you no longer be able to stack artifacts/aura mods. Yes, no more quad siphon or quad anything, really.

Many of the Auras in the game have great potential, but for the playstyle of most players, that usefulness is overshadowed by the "HOLY S#&$ THAT'S BADASS" feeling you get from maxed Quad Siphon and spamming ultimates or they are not as effective as Siphon.

To do this, some things would be necessary. In the squad view, that atm works only on the Online tab or whenever it wants, we would need an aura mod icon, like the old artifact cards, so a squad knows what each other are taking and so no one takes duplicate auras which would be useless or the game would not allow the squad to proceed with duplicate auras.
(I think making them just not stack would be better, because what if two persons only have that one aura mod and they need it because of the energy improvements?)

For this to be effective, the stats of things would have to be adjusted. Quad Siphon has been nerfed in the Aura system, so, I'd say giving the renewed Aura system that I'm suggesting the capacity to recharge energy at 1 per second or 1.5 per second on a maxed mod would be good enough considering every other Aura would be buffed and a squad could form some devastating combos.

Other stats would be something like this:
- Steel Charge and Rifle Amp : Would increase their respective items between 30-40% at max
- Enemy Radar : Could have a bit of an increased range.
- The Scavenger mods are okay, I suppose, it would need some weapon synergy between team mates, like, everyone's using shotguns and snipers, or at least the Pistol Scavenger one would be very useful, they just don't have much utility in the current setup when compared to Quad Siphon

And that's the sum of it, that's my idea.
If you support it or not, say why in this thread and upvote it, share it to your Warframe playing buddies and bring more diversity and different playstyles to our beloved game.

No more stacking, increased 'Aura' effects.

This will lead to more solo and less teamplay. And it defeats the purpose of naming them 'Auras'

Could you explain your logic please?

Yes, solo play would become a little stronger. But the Auras would still affect your team mates, so I think the naming is very adequate.

The only change would be non-repeating Auras, which, imagine, if it makes solo play stronger, will make squad play much stronger. If one player alone can have ~75% of the effect of what is currently Quad Siphon, another uses Rifle Amp, another Steel Charge and someone else has that anti-armor mod, you could DEVASTATE Grineer, completely.

Implementing this system would, of course, require some elevated difficulty, I think the initiative with Nightmare mode would be a good instance for this. There could also be an extra difficulty slider (a tiny one) based on how many maxed auras are in a squad.

Edited by Gregio

Oh sorry for the lack of explanation xD

Your idea will increase diversity of Auras in a squad, yes i agree. But don't you think that will make the squad too OP? 4 different Auras, each with doubled to tripled buff. 

Then people will start to complain that the game is too easy and so on..

I'm not saying that your idea is not well-thought of. In fact it is good, the 'useless' Auras such as steel charge, scavengers and rejuvenation will be of use again. It might actually even promote teamplay because of players wanting to have more types of Auras affecting them.

But it could lead to further problems like the difficulty of game and balancing, the whole issue will repeat over again. 

People are complaining the game is too difficult at the moment, however. Implementing this system and making higher level content even MORE difficult, though just a bit, is what should happen were this idea implemented.

I am against this idea coz "HOLY S*** THAT'S BADASS" feeling is awesome :P

I understand, though I don't agree, but that's what opinions are all about.Thanks for your input.

Edited by Gregio

People are complaining the game is too difficult at the moment, however. Implementing this system and making higher level content even MORE difficult, though just a bit, is what should happen were this idea implemented.

I understand, though I don't agree, but that's what opinions are all about.Thanks for your input.

Yes I totally understand and respect your opinion too, in general I wouldn't mind anything like you mentioned, good idea, before the u9 I was constantly switching Artifacts to support my team, but like someone said: "There's no reason to change something that works good" :)