Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Remnant

Ash_of_Narmer

Please note, you do not have to be a member of the in game clan to join us! If you would like to roleplay with us, follow this link to our sister post in the roleplay forum and submit your application there:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~Broadcast being received on an unused Orokin communication frequency.

~~Transmission source unknown.

~~Recording transmission for review by operator.

Tenno, the origin system is in chaos and will not be capable of sustaining life for much longer. The Corpus and Grineer are being held in a delicate state of balance by the Lotus, and will likely become more than she and her Tenno can handle soon. The infestation is barely under control as well, and with the surfacing of the Grineer Queen(s) I suspect the Grineer are preparing to mobilize a hidden armada.

My name is Mataeru Lloria, and I desire to restore peace and harmony to the Origin System. There will be bloodshed, but it will be the kind that ends conflict, not the type that controls it. If you are searching for sanctuary from the chaos of the galaxy, if you are searching for a peaceful life, a peaceful future, if you desire to see the war that has plagued our galaxy for nearly a millenia end, decode the data packet I have included in this message and come the location specified by the coordinates. I am sure you have questions Tenno, and i will answer them. Stay safe, and beware of the Lotus...

Introduction

Greetings Tenno, and welcome to the formal recruitment page of the Orokin Remnant! My name is Mataeru, and i will be providing you with a streamlined introduction to our RP and Clan. The first thing to be covered will be how the RP functions and fits in with the game lore. The next part will be the story so far, then unique aspects and perks for the clan, followed by the rules and character bio submissions. Current members will be listed as well, in addition to the in game clan type.

Before you proceed any further, I will give you this warning now:

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

You must complete the following quests before you join: Natah, The Second Dream, and The War Within!

These three quests contain important game lore, plotlines, and gameplay mechanics that this RP heavily relies upon! You have been formally warned. Whether or not you choose to proceed is on you, but I strongly recommend that you complete these tear jerking quests before reading any further.

How the RP works

Now to explain how the Roleplay works, and how it fits into the game while remaining canon friendly. Firstly, the Remnant is Discord Based Clan. Yes, we have a special server on Discord for our members to communicate. This is where most of the RPing, and lore discussions take place. Remember this, because it is an important part of the clan itself.

We have a lot casual members at this point, but we consider ourselves hardcore RPer’s. (We did not realize this about ourselves until just recently, which is why we have so many casuals)

The clan follows all canon lore, but from a distance. The characters and events in the clan are not, and will not be directly related to what goes on in the game or important characters in the game. For example, the main questlines are viewed as visual documentation of a Tenno, or a group of Tenno who worked as a team to accomplished events like the Second Dream or the Limbo Theorem. This is because ultimately, the RP will deviate from the direction the game is going.

There are many aspects and questlines in this RP that are player made lore. We specialize in creating Warframe content that has plausibility to exist, but has not been proven to be impossible. One such example is the Dark Tenno. They are a fictional group of twenty Tenno that were handpicked by Ballas after the Zariman incident. They excelled in their given focus schools and were considered “elite”. I will explain more of this later on, but the cool part about this is that the possibility of their existence is real. DE has left out enough information about the Orokin Era that ideas like this fit into the holes DE has left us.

We also take facts and lore and cross reference them to come up with our own theories about in game events, lore points, and plot holes. Most of our lore is stored in our Drvie folder, and to save you from a tl;dr post, I won’t drop a huge bomb on you with examples of it.

Please also note! We FULLY agree with and accept the Operator as a valid part of the Warframe universe. I have heard that some RP groups deny their existence, and we do not do that. If you have issues with this but still want to join, PM me and we MIGHT be able to work something out, but I cannot promise anything.

The Story So Far

The Origin System is in ruins. The Infestation runs barely contained, the Grineer and Corpus are vying for constant control of the system, and the Sentients have returned. The Grineer Queens have surfaced, and the Corpus board grows more ambitious as the days pass. The infestation grows stronger and more virulent. The Sentient leader, Hunhow, has made several attacks on the system and the Lotus and her Tenno are barely keeping things under control, and the system cannot take much more of this escalation. This has all been seen by a young Tenno who was preserved in Cryostasis on Lua when the Collapse occurred five hundred years before. Seeing the dismal state of the galaxy, and how the Lotus merely seems content to keep a balance, he decided to take matters into his own hands. The cryopods on Lua with him housed his fellow Dark Tenno, the secret weapon of the Orokin, the weapon that was bred to destroy anything that opposed them Empire. However, these Tenno swore their allegiance to him, Mataeru. With their help, and the help of any Tenno not under the Lotus’ deception, he plans to bring about a new era of peace and prosperity to the Origin System, free of the Orokin’s corruption and cruelty.

The Orokin Remnant fights for those who cannot defend themselves and for peace.

Unique Aspects and Perks

The Orokin Remnant has a ton of information behind it as well as some unique perks that in-game clan members will receive. This information will be listed below:

General Aspects:

1. The Remnant does not require you to be a member of the in-game clan to join the RP.

2. The RP is based in our Discord Server. 99% of our Roleplaying takes place here.

3. The clan has a Google Drive folder devoted purely to lore and clan information.

4. When you join the Roleplay, you join the Clan itself, not the in-game clan. The in game clan is what we consider to be a more immersive extension of our RP. it’s designed to be a more “physical” experience, a tangible representation of the clan. You are not required to join the in game clan to get the full experience with us.

5. Upon joining us, each player will receive their own personal folder in the Clan Drive where they are free to write whatever lore (that remains true to the game’s and clan’s boundaries) related to their character they want.

6. Members can create their own missions that are RP based or game based. The game based missions utilize the planet nodes and game types to make the events of the mission or story more immersive.

7. All members have the opportunity to increase their character’s rank within the clan. There are twelve ranks in total with four different paths to take that all have roots in lore and each person’s unique play style, focus, and orientation.

8. Each member will ultimately get their own personal room inside the in-game clan dojo. They will have the freedom to color and decorate the room to your discretion (under supervision).

In-Game Membership Perks

1. You get to wear our professionally made custom clan emblem.

2. You get unlimited access to the Dojo (Non in-game members will have access, but an in-game member will need to be willing to invite them to the dojo.)

3. You get priority when player rooms become available. Non in-game members must wait until in game members have received their rooms.

Rules

Every good roleplay must have its rules, and those will be listed here:

1.   Treat the RP with respect and you will be treated with respect in return. I have no tolerance for people of the mindset to come here and say something like, “My Tenno is named Sparklefire, and I identify as rainbow Kubrow.” Try any garbage like that, even as a joke, and you WILL be added to the clan’s “ignore list”.       

2.   Romance must not be shoved down everyone's throat. If it plays a part to your character’s RP, or that of you and one or more players that is fine, but don't be obsessively focused in it. We don't care about how much your Tenno kiss. If drama breaks out all parties involved will be investigated and potentially removed at the clan leaders’ discretion. I expect all members to respect each other as well. If you start harassing someone against their will, we WILL permanently ban you from the clan. Act like mature and responsible adults.       

3.   If you are being harassed in any way, be it a romance roleplay with someone, (them trying to get you to RP sex stuff and the like against your will), inappropriate discussions, or anything else, message the clan leaders and we will investigate and punish accordingly. Please provide screenshots as proof of the harassment. We cannot ban people without actual proof.       

!!Clan Ban System!!

Moderators and Admins are required to give a user 3 warnings about their behavior. If questionable or bad behavior persists, they will collect all evidence/information needed to justify a ban, then the following steps will be adhered to.

1. The accused individual will be invited to a secondary server named "Tribunal". Failure to accept this invite within 24 hours will result in a ban at the end of the 24 hours. (The user will be contacted via PMs for the reason(s) of their ban).

2. The moderators/admins will then post all the evidence and explain why and how they came to the decision to ban said user.

3. Said user will then have one text to sum up an explanation, and if the admin/mods decide to be merciful, they will restrain the ban with one final warning. Afterwards, if the user's behavior continues, they will be removed immediately from the clan.

Inactivity

If you have been inactive, or have not participated in group discussions/Roleplays (where applicable) for more than 2 weeks on both Discord and Warframe without notifying myself or a moderator, you will be removed from the clan in both locations. I will send you a private message notifying you of the reasons you were kicked.

Character Creation Formatting!

-Sample Application--

(Please Bold all headings as shown here)

Operator’s Name: (Should be self-explanatory, if not you might be having an identity crisis.)

Race: (Corpus or Orokin/Human. If you have any other LORE FRIENDLY deviants from this you better have an exemplary reason and explanation in your backstory. Sparkle ponies and brethren are not allowed.)

Warframe(s): (Also should be self-explanatory. You can have more than one, but make it a reasonable number and frames that specifically apply to your character’s style. If not, well… I don’t know what to say to that. You should probably go play a different game. You can have more than one, but make it a reasonable number and frames that specifically apply to your character’s style.)

Weapons: (Primary (you may have more than one) | Secondary (Again more than one) | and Melee  (Same applies here) | in that order. Separated by this bar | You get the bar by holding your “Shift” key and pressing the forward slash button located right above your “Enter” key.

We don’t care about why or how your Tigris prime can one shot any boss in the game. What we care about is WHY you chose that weapon. What's the lore behind your character's choice of weapon.)

Focus School: (Choose one of the five options. If you don’t know what this is either, I’m probably going to facedesk. Uninstall Warframe and think about your life.)

Bio: (Explain your character here. Who they are, what they used to be, why they chose their focus, or how it relates to them. Make sure you answer how they came into contact with the Remnant )

If you have any questions PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE message me on Discord: TacticianMatt#1582 It might be wise to discuss your bio with me BEFORE you post it so we can work out weird lore kinks and errors. Otherwise, leave your application as a reply to this thread and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can!

Dark Tenno Positions

Please also note, there is a limited number of Dark Tenno spots available. there are 4 positions for each Focus school. The only unique thing about the Dark Tenno, is your character lore will directly and indirectly tie into my own. The main downside is that all Dark Tenno lore follows a loosely predefined path in character backstory. There is additional information on the Dark Tenno in our clan lore database. For now, here is what's available. If you want to be a Dark Tenno, I would like you to message me on Discord: TacticianMatt#1582

Dark Tenno   

There will be 5 groups of 4 tenno per group. Each group will be from one of the Focus Schools. Once each school is filled, that position in the Dark Tenno will be filled. There can only be a maximum of 20 Original Dark Tenno. 4 Vazarin, 4 Unairu, 4 Madurai, 4 Zenurik, and 4 Naramon.       

If you would like to be a Dark Tenno, please send me a private message on Discord TacticianMatt#1582. I cannot stress this enough. There are some ramifications to the role. A loosely predefined path with a few conditions is tied to each Dark Tenno and you need to know them before you decide to take the role.       

Vazarin Positions:       

Omichle

Zeta

Unairu Positions:       

Sigyn       

Madurai Positions:       

Zenurik Positions:       

Kara Al’Din               

Naramon Positions:       

Mataeru

Current In-Game Members- Currently Shadow Clan

Mataeru

NovaBlade321

Satorroph

Paradxical_Wayfarer

AncientBean

-S.S.D-

Lierynot

PanquakesZero

Thatguy222

Relentlessolive

Kiarna1

Current RP Members

Mataeru

NovaBlade321

Satorroph

Paradxical_Wayfarer

AncientBean

-S.S.D-

Lierynot

PanquakesZero

Thatguy222

Relentlessolive

AforesaidMonk

Blood_Strider

Kiarna1

Shoot First

Conscript

Creb

Novronian

Ultimatumcore

Edited by Mataeru
Corrected Mistakes/Updated info

Sorry about this, but due to issues, my Bio wouldn't go into the OP where I wanted it...

Operator: Mataeru Lloria

Race: Orokin

Warframe: Ash Prime

Favored Weapons: Daikyu, Zhuge, Attica | Spira Prime | Hikou Prime | Karyst or Dark weapons, Lacera

Focus School: Naramon

Bio:

Mataeru was among the families on the Zariman Ten-Zero. With him was his father Dorsus, who was an Orokin politician. His mother Yvatta, was a retired biochemist, and his younger sister Xyvonya who was an innocent, young teenage girl. The accident aboard the Zariman that granted the children their powers left him with deep emotional scars and an extreme distrust of Tenno that use Madurai as their primary focus.

During the time spent with Margulis, Mataeru learned how to control his power and use it for good. After Margulis was executed by the Orokin for refusing to convert the Tenno into weapons of war, he began to understand just how corrupt the Orokin really were.

Once Ballas took the Tenno with the highest skill levels of the five defined power types, Mataeru was forced to utilize his skills in ways that would transform him into a master assassin.  The other Tenno were forced to do the same, but in ways suited to their preferred combat styles. Mataeru’s was stealth and manipulation. His Focus manifested as what would now become known as Naramon, due to his desire for knowledge and understanding.

After Ballas formed the Dark Tenno, Mataeru and those chosen with him worked exclusively for the Executors. This gave him a close up view of the evil done by the rulers of galaxy. Immortal beings destroyed by corruption. People afraid of death. People willing to steal the lives of others to prolong their own. When the Orokin Executors started using Mataeru to assassinate Orokin officials, he began to hate them with an extreme passion. During training he was forced to swear his allegiance to the Empire, as a result he was bound by his honor to serve his masters no matter how he felt about their actions and decisions.

Mataeru was present during the  victory ceremony when the rest of the Tenno began slaughtering the Executors. As much as he hated the Orokin, slaughtering them without a fair trial was not acceptable, and he vowed to figure out who was behind this ultimate betrayal.

After the Collapse, he and his Dark Tenno brethren who were in the immediate vicinity were recalled to their hidden base of operations in Lua by their group’s cephalon, Tauria.This sector was a well kept secret known to a select few Orokin Executors. With the Orokin leaders dead, and no missions to fulfil, they placed themselves in cryostasis. Due to an malfunction with his pod that was caused when the Lotus brought Lua out of the void, Mataeru awoke in his warframe after almost fifty years before the rest of the Dark Tenno began to awaken. His body was still preserved in its stasis pod, but the malfunction prevented him from returning to his slumber. He discovered that their guardian cephalon, Tauria had degraded into a nonfunctional mess.

Figuring it would be wise to keep up with current events, he began to roam the galaxy, copying information from the Corpus, Grineer, and even various Tenno orbiters.

After a time, Mataeru decided the galaxy needed a new force of power to bring balance to the world. He chose to devote the rest of his life to rebuilding, and vastly improving the Orokin Empire.