Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where And How Do You Farm T1 Keys?

oKibbles

Question

I been doing Killiken Venera but I'm unsure as to how far I should go before T1s stop spawning.
I've done about maybe 25 or 30 runs so far, but not a single T1 has spawned so...I have
no idea if they even spawn T1 keys. I've gotten T2 rewards from Wave 10 so should I
leave after wave 5 everytime because that seems really...meh?

Thanks in advance ^_^;

Edit: Wrong defense mission listed above.

Edited by oKibbles

8 answers to this question

The drop table (as it stands now, since in the foreseeable future, this will change) shifts based on the level of the mobs. As far as i've seen, we don't know the exact threshold where they change, but if you want T1 void keys, you want to farm the T1 mobs, so lower levels. If you're on a planet where you can get 10 waves in and stay in the Tier 1 threshold, you can. But places like Pluto for instance start in tier 3 immediately.

Yes, always leave at Wave 5 if you are only after T1 keys.

Every 5 waves the tier level goes up until reaching 3, and then stays at Tier 3 until you leave or fail.

For odds pre-U9 checkout http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1fwen5/defense_rewards_updated/

No idea if Tier 1 rewards have changed since U9 added a bunch more Void Keys.

It seems T1 is harder to farm than T2 and T3 then D:

since the update lifted up many planets, I think you're only left defense in venus and earth. Venus dropped few t1 keys for me 

I do Venera in Venus. Assuming from these responses, your few T1 keys were from Wave 5 only?

there is no defense that stays Tier1 for 3 waves.

Venus and Earth being lowest, they all go 1-2-3 for waves 5-10-15

That's unfortunate, really hoping I can at least get to wave 10 before claiming it. And earth defense missions are horrible ._.

The drop table (as it stands now, since in the foreseeable future, this will change) shifts based on the level of the mobs. As far as i've seen, we don't know the exact threshold where they change, but if you want T1 void keys, you want to farm the T1 mobs, so lower levels. If you're on a planet where you can get 10 waves in and stay in the Tier 1 threshold, you can. But places like Pluto for instance start in tier 3 immediately.

Damn was hoping, we knew the level brackets for each tier.

Does anyone know if Tier 2 mobs can spawn Tier 1 keys, like how Tier 3 monsters can spawn Tier 2 keys?

Found new information on wiki.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Defense

According to wiki, you can only get the Tier of key from the Tier you are running, so no Tier 2 Defense keys from Tier 3 Endless Defense, sorry.

That actually helps a bit. But I been able to get T2 keys from Xini and that's a T3, wish it was that way though :(

use this. Makes it pretty obsolete to scroll and spreadsheet wikis :)

http://sunbla.de/Warframe/SedR/

Credit goes to SedR, all the way! Awesome dude!

I have no idea what this means. This tells you the %of what to get up to wave 5?

Edited by oKibbles