The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add An Option To Opt-Out As Host

Varonth

As the title says, this option should be included in any P2P network game.

It is fairly simple:

I have a 2mbit/s downstream, and 484 kbit/s upstream. I cannot host a game with that upload with 4 players. 2 works, 3 seems kinda borderline but 4 is just a really really bad experience for the other players.

Not much of a problem, when playing with friends...

But when I am trying to join an online match, and I cannot find an already existing squad, then I start looking for members, and I will become the host almost always.

So what I do is:

Search for a game of the mission I want to run

If none is found, abort

Search for a game in a different mission

The option would allow me (and probably many others) to keep searching until someone who can host opens a gamesession.

Yes yes I've been wanting this for ages. It's a great idea except if everyone picked to op-out of host that would be bad, so maybe it could have a time limit of sorts. If you don't join someone else after say 2 minutes you'll end up host. A preference to not host more than a set option.

Good idea, this might cut down the amount of laggy games.  Also I wouldn't mind an additional option to host only or prefer host, right now after a few laggy missions I usually pick a location nobody plays and start it solo while hoping other players jump in.

While I'm at it, if the host leaves the lobby it kicks all the players, why not migrate host like it does if the host quits mid-mission?

A bar that shows how good the host can manged The Party......and a option to choose  some one oher from the team as host when he/she have better statts.

I have so many deaths because of lagy hosts and runs that take me more than double so long to finish.u know what i mean^^

door lag movement lags  melee bugs some times i have luck and the Host is that bad that the game crush or freeze in the Missions loadscreen.

Oh and when we already talk about host.give the host a option to kick party members(voting) 

Edited by Croise