The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Change Ashs' Ultimate

d1ru

I don't know about some people, but I use the animation time to think up a new plan if stuff has really gone up the creek. It's also great for getting back your shields.

People want to much instant gratification these days.

Why are you even using Ash on Defenses anyway...?

It's fine as it is, just don't use it on Defense missions. Problems regarding this have already been mentioned, and the ult is just fine, it's the situation that isn't.

Can't say i don't like the proposed changes here tho.

Meh, Defense mission or not I feel it takes a bit too long. I usually go take a shower while Im slaughtering the entire level thanks to reach. 

The problem is they want it to look cool, but their new custom animations for killing things requires more camera time/better camera movement to really capture the feel of it. So we are stuck in a wierd spot, the skill takes significantly longer than others yet not long enough to get the real feel.

Meh, if Volt gets a channeled ult then why not ash w/ "shadow clone" style slaughter? :D

Just to be clear, when I played my Ash at rank 30, I was doing over 1k damage per enemy, through all 15 enemies (infested and grineer usually), using just my rank 30 non-maxed serration modded dual heat swords.  I shudder to think what my Fragor would do with maxed serration, maxed crit chance, maxed crit dmg, maxed Hellfire, maxed ice dmg mod, maxed armor pierce dmg mod.

I think its fine tbh, not every frame needs to be "built for heavy defence missions" especially if hes described as a "stealth frame". I think hes more of a character to attempt to solo stuff properly when the stealth system is fully fixed.

Truth.  I am flabbergasted at some people in this game.  Ash's ultimate is amazing.  And whoever said 10 kills takes 25-30 seconds is plain and simply wrong.  Your wrong, dont argue it, it just makes you look $&*&*#(%&. 

Ash's ultimate does way to much damage and lets not forget your invincible during it.  Oh, about to die to a swarm of toxics on defense.  Bladestorm.  Wave Complete. 

Some people will complain about anything.  My advice to you, stop playing my Ash. 

you aren't invincible.  i've died during it recently due to poision clouds from ancients while using it, and if the session is laggy enough, ive even been able to throw kunai IN ADDITION TO stabbing ppl.

I don't know about some people, but I use the animation time to think up a new plan if stuff has really gone up the creek. It's also great for getting back your shields.

People want to much instant gratification these days.

lol im not looking for instant grat, it just feels like such a weakness to have no control over the frame for so long, picking of random enemies. if i kill every enemy in the room other than the one beserking the cryopod, what have i accomplished. 

oh, and im using ash because its my primary. other than tanking, has the highest potential for survivability thanks to maxed vitality and steel fiber OTHER than tanking. and i can run real fast like. lol

I didn't read what others say but here is my suggestion. Once activate the blade storm , only illusion of ash will do the work while Ash can do other stuff. :P and Ash is not my primary frame. So , just a suggestion. 

I didn't read what others say but here is my suggestion. Once activate the blade storm , only illusion of ash will do the work while Ash can do other stuff. :P and Ash is not my primary frame. So , just a suggestion. 

wow i like that one too! that would be some awesome multitasking lol

Can't agree with this. The only real problems with Blade Storm are the bugs and camera. As for defence missions, you're not meant to use it when enemies are all on top of the pod. You want to know the real benefit of the skill? It's being able to attack from long range. For example, target Blade Storm at distant enemies whilst inside Frost's Snow Globe. Not only are you relatively safe there, but you'll transport to the enemies, wound or outright kill them and return safely into the shield.

EDIT: What's REALLY annoying is the new bug that got introduced which makes Ash get stuck in a spot where he is unable to move, use chat functions or even attack. You're literally a sitting duck that can actually become a hindrance to the team. If anyone sees an Ash like that, please just let them die because you'll be doing them a favour (using a revive ends the bug).

Edited by Kaibah

you aren't invincible.  i've died during it recently due to poision clouds from ancients while using it, and if the session is laggy enough, ive even been able to throw kunai IN ADDITION TO stabbing ppl.

Hit toxics all the time, no damage.  Invincible. 

Just to be clear, when I played my Ash at rank 30, I was doing over 1k damage per enemy, through all 15 enemies (infested and grineer usually), using just my rank 30 non-maxed serration modded dual heat swords.  I shudder to think what my Fragor would do with maxed serration, maxed crit chance, maxed crit dmg, maxed Hellfire, maxed ice dmg mod, maxed armor pierce dmg mod.

I do hope you mean Pressure Point for those melee weapons...

And even at the lowest rank you can use Bladestorm, it does between 1000-1500 damage to any enemy. The fact that you did it to 15 enemies is not that impressive, save for the fact that you were actually able to connect with 15 in one go, when the Max Count is 13.

Bladestorm is a useful omnifence Ultimate.

Omnifence meaning, Offensive in that it attacks enemies.(Derp) Defensive that it makes you invulnerable and allows you to recharge shields while you watch fancy assassination animations.

I always thought a simple yet cool way to fix his ultimate would be to have him throw a smoke down, poof, then you see these blade flashes on all the nearby mobs, then they just instantly drop(dismember) if the dmg was enough to kill. By doing that, they don't have to mess with animations for each teleport, and its a simple series of blade slashes on the screen. Done.

or just make ash drop explosive tags *like from naruto* or little grenade thingies while doing those slashes in bladestorm to damage enemies with aoe near where hes slashing xD to add aoe effect killing more enemies x).

slash+drop grenade every hit   ^^

or ash plants a bomb for every enemy that he kills with bladestorm for corpse to explode (or ash transforms hes killed enemy's corpse into a timed bomb exploding corpse)  dealing aoe damage ^^ making him more space ninja-ish'er

*Slash 2sec Boom! Slash 2sec Boom and so on* leaving trails of explosion while slashing with bladestorm 

explosion with blades like shrapnel xD

Edited by reevheart