Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible New Melee System

TenZa

A possible alternative to the current "mash E" concept for melee would be to just make E cycle it in like your secondary weapon. This would allow you to visually be able to run around with your sword/daggers/staff/etc. out, but more importantly would give a lot more control over where the melee strikes occur; i.e. the X-axis of your crosshair allows you to more easily attack in the desired direction. Also, you'd obviously let off said strikes with LMB (left mouse button) as you would with a gun. Charge attacks would be performed by holding LMB, and blocking could then be set to RMB. I think this would also breathe life into melee combat overall, as the ability to stay in "melee mode" would appeal to many players.

Before anyone questions this system, I'll have you know that it has already been proven to work if you've seen games like S4 League.

I'd like the ability to have melee be an option to use like primaries and secondaries. I'm an extreme range and up-close melee fighter, and just spamming the melee button doesn't make me feel badass at all.

Exactly. If nothing else, being able to swap into your melee weapon like your Primary and Secondary would add to the overall "feel" of melee combat. You already can't use melee while shooting and vice-versa, so there wouldn't really even be any disadvantages to changing to my suggested system.