Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glass frame Ability Ideas/Hydroid Passive Idea

Tubs_XII

These are not the actual abilities of the new frame (I think), these are just some ideas I thought would be cool, as in the latest DEV Stream they said they were scrapping most of the glass frames kit. So again these are just my ideas that I thought would be pretty interesting.

Any feedback/criticism is welcomed and encouraged!!

Passive

Frame has a protective layer of glass surrounding body that acts as armor (+ armor). Upon taking damage the glass would chip/crack/shatter etc, you would lose armor, but also slightly gaining move speed. Casting abilities "reconstructs" this armor at the cost of some move speed. 

-Certain elements would wither away the glass quicker/easier. 

i.e Heat: Would start to melt the glass.   Blast: Would shatter glass.   Corrosive: Dissolves glass  etc

This armor can be the glass that the frame has on its body

#1/First ability

Shoot an unstable ball of glass that upon impact with a non-organic surface (walls, floors, robots, infested wall stuff) will shatter and deal "x" amount of damage to surroundings, while also dealing a DoT bleed proc. If the ball hits an enemy (all factions excluding robots) it will knock them down and inflict a much larger bleed proc.

- I know this one isn't too creative as many frames have an ability like this as their first i.e Frost and Ember, but I couldn't think of anything else

#2/Second ability

1/2  Cast a stream of molten glass against the floor or the wall that will trap any enemy in it for "x" amount of time, while dealing a large amount of heat damage. However as "x" amount of time passes, the glass hardens and become an obstacle/wall depending on the height. The glass can stack on each other. 

2/2  If you cast your first ability on one of your many glass creations, it will cause it to shatter, knocking anything near it down and inflicting bleed procs

-So if you've ever seen those 3D printing pens on youtube, I kind of got the idea from that. So if you don't quite understand the concept of this ability just watch one of the 3D printing pens and hopefully you'll understand!

#3/Third ability

Significantly increase your body temperature to melt the glass on your frame and use it to improve your abilities for a certain amount of time. When cast, all of your abilities receive a damage buff and cost less to cast/maintain. Also causes enemies to catch on fire if they come too close (Cause you need quite a bit of heat to melt glass in the first place, and now you're supercharging it)

#1: Increased damage and DoT effects due to the improved glass

#2: Costs less energy/second to create glass things, as you are melting glass at a higher rate.

#4: Increased damage from improved glass, and more efficient / less energy/hit due to a faster glass production rate.

#4/Fourth ability

Use your mastery over glass to forge a new weapon (either Sword, Hammer, Axe, or Bow at the cost of extra energy, cause arrows and whatnot), each different weapon has a unique effect to it when using it. All weapons cost energy/hit to maintain as it is a glass weapon and if you swing it at something it'll break/wither so you need to constantly be feeding new glass into it to maintain it. Weapon damage would vary depending on melee/bow mods and power strength

Sword: The sword deals mostly if not all slash damage, and with each hit you inflict a slash proc. Channeling increases the damage on your slash procs. Charge attacks deal a large amount of slash damage, and a hefty amount of slash procs.

Hammer: The hammer deals a mix of impact and slash damage. Each hit has the chance to stagger and/or inflict a slash proc on enemies. Slam and Charge attacks cause the head of the weapon to shatter, dealing an aoe stagger and inflicting slash procs on nearby enemies. (Like the Jat Kittag except with slash instead of sending everything into the sky).

Axe: The axe, like the sword will deal mostly slash damage. Due to the axes sheer size in comparison to the sword, it will inflict larger slash procs, and has the capability of cleaving an enemy in two, instantly killing them (Of course this is a relatively low chance). Charge attacks however, greatly increases the likelihood of this happening.

Bow: The bow will deal a mix slash and puncture, and will cost more energy to make as you would need to forge glass into arrows for your ammunition. The arrows kind of work like her first ability, in the sense that if you shoot at a hard surface the arrow will shatter sending shard of glass everywhere inflicting a slash proc on everything nearby (kind of like lenz except smaller). However, if you directly hit an enemy it will deal a large amount of puncture damage (cause surface area and penetration, that whole mumbo jumbo) and the glass will shatter inside the enemys body dealing a large DoT effect. If this hits a robot chicken or any kind of robot it will shatter just as it would against a wall, but it will deal some impact damage to it.

Hydroid passive rework Idea

Casting an ability has a chance at summoning 1-3 sea monsters (land sharks or krakens, I've no clue) that attack your enemies/drown your enemies (put them into a personal mini undertow)

Howdy folks, if you've got this far that means you've read the whole thing, or just scrolled to the bottom to see how long this was. Either way, thanks for taking the time to look over this 3:45 a.m inspired idea and feel free to drop a comment or criticize anything you don't agree on, or believe would need improving, I will try to reply to any comments if there are any, and please note that this is not official, just my thoughts and ideas that I thought would be pretty cool.    :)

Edited by Tubs_XII