Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Suggestions For Existing Mods

lyravega

Just some suggestions, numbers are examples and should not be taken seriously.

Resistance mods (antitoxin, etc...)

-Raise resistance per rank to 5%, with max rank being 5

-Merge all of them in a single mod (5% resistance to ice, fire, poison, etc...)

-Convert it to an aura (if possible, non-stacking, otherwise 3% (lower percentage) per rank)

Damage vs. mods (expel corpus, smite infected, etc...)

-Increase damage per rank to 7.5%, with max rank being 5

-Merge all sub-weapon-types in single mods (all vs. corpus mods being merged to one, instead of weapon by weapon basis)

-Convert them to an aura (if possible, non-stacking, otherwise 2.5% (lower percentage) per rank)

Thunderbolt

-Make it always explode on hit

-Make ranks grant additional explosion damage and explosion radius

Just some suggestions, numbers are examples and should not be taken seriously.

Resistance mods (antitoxin, etc...)

-Raise resistance per rank to 5%, with max rank being 5

-Merge all of them in a single mod (5% resistance to ice, fire, poison, etc...)

-Convert it to an aura (if possible, non-stacking, otherwise 3% (lower percentage) per rank)

Damage vs. mods (expel corpus, smite infected, etc...)

-Increase damage per rank to 7.5%, with max rank being 5

-Merge all sub-weapon-types in single mods (all vs. corpus mods being merged to one, instead of weapon by weapon basis)

-Convert them to an aura (if possible, non-stacking, otherwise 2.5% (lower percentage) per rank)

Thunderbolt

-Make it always explode on hit

-Make ranks grant additional explosion damage and explosion radius

Resistance mod should reduce incoming damage of that element. but currently, is there any fire/ice/lighting damage from the enemies?? only poison.

making thunderbolt into "enable explode on impact" will make some player rage at you, since their area of damage is bigger then the visual effects.

higher rank = more area dmg + radius? i think you'r joking right? this will make thunderbolt something like Orgis area radius. MUCH easier to kill yourself.

Resistance mod should reduce incoming damage of that element. but currently, is there any fire/ice/lighting damage from the enemies?? only poison.

making thunderbolt into "enable explode on impact" will make some player rage at you, since their area of damage is bigger then the visual effects.

higher rank = more area dmg + radius? i think you'r joking right? this will make thunderbolt something like Orgis area radius. MUCH easier to kill yourself.

Grineers have Napalm and Ignis, Lech Kril uses Ice and then Fire, Cpt. Vor uses lightning etc.

It's only a handful but I agree it would work if the mod actually was universal resistance.

Grineers have Napalm and Ignis, Lech Kril uses Ice and then Fire, Cpt. Vor uses lightning etc.

It's only a handful but I agree it would work if the mod actually was universal resistance.

my bad, was only thinking about the normal enemy part.

- Roll Redirection and Vitality into a single mod (perhaps while keeping the same mod cost, i.e. costs from both could be added together).

It's already bad enough that we have 1 "must have" mod for each type of equipment. Namely -- +damage mods for weapons. There's NO reason not to use those unless you don't have them.

But for warframes, we have only six slots for passive mods (unless you start removing your active abilities, of course), and TWO "must have" mods.

"Must have" mods are extremely boring and should be kept at the possible minimum.

- Roll Redirection and Vitality into a single mod (perhaps while keeping the same mod cost, i.e. costs from both could be added together).

It's already bad enough that we have 1 "must have" mod for each type of equipment. Namely -- +damage mods for weapons. There's NO reason not to use those unless you don't have them.

But for warframes, we have only six slots for passive mods (unless you start removing your active abilities, of course), and TWO "must have" mods.

"Must have" mods are extremely boring and should be kept at the possible minimum.

I agree that must have mods should be kept down (I'm okay with some being there, since we have a lot of slots and it also gives us a clear indicator of our progression), but I disagree that Vitality is required on Grineer and Corpus missions. Anyways, Warframes have so many mods to choose from, and many are very good, and arguably necessary (if you want your abilities to scale, you're gonna need Focus). It really makes the bad mods stand out, though.

On topic now, I think that Shocking Touch should have its cost reduced, since 30% is plenty enough damage to the Corpus, seeing as they don't have many heavy units. Ammo Stock should go up to 75%, so every Shotgun can make use of it at max rank. Split Chamber should go to 100% (Snipers will appreciate that). Finally, buff Warm Coat to 100% at max rank, and drop its cost down to 5. It's so super situational it's sad.

I agree that must have mods should be kept down (I'm okay with some being there, since we have a lot of slots and it also gives us a clear indicator of our progression), but I disagree that Vitality is required on Grineer and Corpus missions. Anyways, Warframes have so many mods to choose from, and many are very good, and arguably necessary (if you want your abilities to scale, you're gonna need Focus). It really makes the bad mods stand out, though.

Well, that's exactly why people are unequipping their active abilities. Because all warframes have at least "that one" ability that could be easily removed without sacrificing anything important. Some have two.

The problem could be also solved by reworking active abilities. But at the moment, there are indeed too many nice warframe mods and too few slots for them.