The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova, Op Or Just Right? The Furture Of Aoe Frames.

-BELLUM-

Before i laid down a single word about nova.....i just wanna say...

This is NOT a troll thread about nova.

I'm not advocating a Nova nerf...

This is just an exercise i'd like to share with the community, about nova and her current state of power, what this means for other AOE frames...and what changes, if any...could be conceivable in the future.

Now for my opinion of the frame....and this is just my opinion.....

I've been hearing alot of noise about Nova being very OP, and personally i was on the fence about it.

So recently i participated in a Tier 3 defense void and watched some one else use Nova that was very skilled with it, fully leveled mods, and had a orikin reactor installed, the works.

Thought it would be a good measurement to see if all the OP talk of Nova had any merit.

We won the mission, and not to brag but i'm used to being the top scoring killer in all my missions. This time wasn't the case. Here was the kill difference between, my fully leveled and modded Rhino(Yay rhino <3) and the Nova.

My Kills...... 316
Nova kills.... 380

Bravo Nova, bravo. You're a truly capable frame, but OP?? In my opinion.....no (waits for the community rage to come crashing down).... lol

I think it's a very good frame, and at this moment the strongest AOE frame thus far (Remember, just my opinion, i wanna stress that! lol)

....but if thats the case...what does this mean for the others?? Frames like Ember, Frost, Saryn, and others that have AOE like powers? Let chat about it, i'm interested in listening. How about we ask.....

1. How do you feel about Nova's power potential as of now?

2. What kind of buffs would you like to see other frames get to match powers like Nova?

3. If you'd go out for dinner and a movie with any warframe which would it be? (optional to answer. lol)

And just throw in any thoughts you got on this topic, hope to hear from you all soon. ^_^

Edited by -BELLUM-

1. I only played 15 waves on Xini with her, i only had focus and her ulti equiped, it felt very strong against trash mobs, but i don't think she will handle higher lvl mobs as easy as Saryn. Have to play more to be sure though, Antimatter Drop has huge potential.

2. No ideea, but all must be buffed to God Tier

3. Saryn , offcourse, i like Milfs :P

People will always say the frame that isn't their favorite or that they don't have is OP. that's just our community and people in general mate.

What about the people that do use her fame and say it's OP?.....did i blow your mind?.....did i!!!!??????

lol, na just kidding.

Edited by -BELLUM-

Nova is good at dps but i still can get out killed by seryns and embers sadly lol it all matters on who hits their ult first she isnt anymore op then other frames and i hope they dont nerf her

Yeah thats a good way to look at it. I wonder how she will stand when the other frames get their buff.

Edited by -BELLUM-

1. I only played 15 waves on Xini with her, i only had focus and her ulti equiped, it felt very strong against trash mobs, but i don't think she will handle higher lvl mobs as easy as Saryn. Have to play more to be sure though, Antimatter Drop has huge potential.

2. No ideea, but all must be buffed to God Tier

3. Saryn , offcourse, i like Milfs :P

She has kids???? O-O

To those who want nerfs:

Oh yes, let's discourage the coming of a new frame by nerfing it so devs can lose money.

Some warframes are meant to be strong so they can get to the higher end missions.

Also, why would you care if they have more kills? This is not CoD.

To -Bellum-:

Nice forum, enjoyed reading it.

Wonderful help for the higher end missions. I am building it now.

2. What kind of buffs would you like to see other frames get to match powers like Nova?

I'd have to admit, Ember and Rhino Stomp. Rhino Stomp is seriously just a tickle for the T3 defence when you have uber mobs.

3. If you's go out for dinner and a movie with any warframe which would it be?

Eh, I need a Luna or Celestia warframe then.

To those who want nerfs:

Oh yes, let's discourage the coming of a new frame by nerfing it so devs can lose money.

Some warframes are meant to be strong so they can get to the higher end missions.

Also, why would you care if they have more kills? This is not CoD.

To -Bellum-:

Nice forum, enjoyed reading it.

Wonderful help for the higher end missions. I am building it now.

I'd have to admit, Ember and Rhino Stomp. Rhino Stomp is seriously just a tickle for the T3 defence when you have uber mobs.

3. If you's go out for dinner and a movie with any warframe which would it be?

Eh, I need a Luna or Celestia warframe then.

Awww, no warframe tickles your fancy to go out on a date? lol And thanks, i'll try to make more posts like this when they come to mind.

Edited by -BELLUM-

The only problem with nova is that once her ult starts chaining to things it becomes slightly more difficult to level guns. Minor utility glass cannon frame does exactly what you think it would, blow stuff up. Not OP. just for clarification, I do not have nova.

3. If you'd go out for dinner and a movie with any warframe which would it be? (optional to answer. lol)

1) awesome AOE

2) give other warframe to have chain-reaction aoes and ability to multiple the damage output by 1x/2x/3x/4x like AM drop.

3) rhino, iron skin rocks but need more buff or increase hp of IS.

1) awesome AOE

2) give other warframe to have chain-reaction aoes and ability to multiple the damage output by 1x/2x/3x/4x like AM drop.

3) rhino, iron skin rocks but need more buff or increase hp of IS.

I like your thinking friend! Here's a million forum monies! dont spend it all in once place now. xp

I don't really like how I always see her ult killing 80% of the mobs in infested defense missions. I feel really dang useless when that happens. Buffing the rest of the frames won't really be the best idea either. This will make the game too easy. 

Na not OP, she is squishy and all she can do is kill stuff, which I am fine with, she compliments Vauban quite nicely in a defence mission.

I'd like to see more frames brought up to scratch with these two, and then see difficulty options brought into the game. 

Rhino could almost be on par with Vauban and Nova if his Iron Skin is tweaked a bit, other frames need a little more reworking if Vauban and Nova are the aim from now on.

IMO the reason Vauban and Nova are good is because you WANT to bring all their powers into a game (maybe not bounce) because they all have their own uses. Once all frames have this feel I will be a happy man.

nothing can beat an aoe hold, vortex.

for nova... their ulti have chain-reaction... do other warfame have this?? they have AM drop, multiple output damage by 1/2/3/4x from guns and slows down even more when getting shot at. do other warframe have such OP ability?

u do know at high level mission, warframe ability remains the same and some are almost nt needed.

well guess what? nova have this ability which kinda depends TOTALLY on weapon damage inputs! the multiplier says all.

well you know that these weapon can be modded and increase the ability output right?

offtopic: or not. let's hope orgis+ a new AM drop don't take in dmg done by an exploded AM.

even when all the other warframe' ability are fixed but can be improved by focus (+30% dmg) while NOVA 'AM drop can be increase by modded weapons? if this skill cost 100 energy i drop my case, but this only cost 50 E, spammable... not an ulti but do more damage than her own ulti...

an example: 1 fully modded sniptorn vandal can almost 1-hit kill an ancient below wave 15, each AM-drop+1 sniptorn-vandal = 100+sniptorn-vandal*4

which means you don't really need to put must ammo into it.

who says you need to pour all your ammo into 1 AM-drop? when 1 AM-drop + few shots of fully modded weapon can almost/instantly kill enemies? of cuz this cost only 50 energy + a few ammo which CAN be over-looked~ whats more. this ball follow your cross-hair, awesome~~

sry if i'm wrong, i dont have an nova yet. she's still in pieces.~