Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spatha & Aspis (Twin Sentinel Concept)

EclecticDragon

The idea of a twin sentinel is most likely a common one but I think I found an interesting way to do it.

Spatha & Aspis (greek for sword and shield)

As you can tell from their names they both operate in different ways with Spatha carrying the gun and Aspis using a defense ability. They each would have their own health pool, to balance this out they each have lower then standard health pool, but would have about regular armor and shield regain.

Precepts

Support fire: Spatha will shoot the last enemy you hit with in the last x amount of seconds.

Bullwark: When aiming down sights Aspis will come in front of the player and create a very transparent shield player sized shield that can take X amount of damage before having to regenerate for x amount of time. When the shield gets low on health it would turn a lightly red tint to help the player to know when they should start heading for cover

Weapon

Precision Rifle: A hit scan rifle with fairly good damage and great accuracy with sub-par fire rate, reload speed, and magazine size.

Or if that sounds to boring and doesn't fit a sentinel named after a sword.

Blade Rifle: Fires elongated Kunai blades with a lower travel time with very little to no drop. It also would have good damage and good accuracy but has a quicker fire rate (to make up for the fact that no longer hit-scan) and slightly larger magazine capacity but the rest is about the same.

Aesthetics

Sadly I can't draw very well but to give a general idea of what I'm thinking here is a loose description

Both are fairly smaller then Wyrvn, and each have different designs with Spatha having more bladed look to it. and Aspis having a more plate armor-esque look to it, with flat spike-like energy projections that appear when Bulwark is ready and disappear when it is destroyed.

Other Thoughts

The main ideas behind this concept is that right now some people, myself included, would love to have some form of shield similar to the Grineer Shield Lancer. But that would require making a whole new movement set, new models, ect. And I really like the idea of a twin sentinels.

My biggest concern is that since we don't have a Focus mod for sentinels that when the player reaches a high enough level Bulwark will just end up a pointless ability that can't even take a few hits before it has to regenerate. And one might get in the cameras way but other then that I don't see many problems with it, but that might be my blind hope for something like this to be implemented.

• 2 weeks later...