Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worse Culture Appear In Kappa/kiste

cary2010haha

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/b4dc59178a82b9016c91edbd728da9773912ef24.jpg

In these few week have more and more player "afk" in exp fariming runs, because many of them know weapon exp can't gain from skill kills and can gain from teammates kill. So they decide to just "afk" and gain their weapon exp.

Watch the picture, my sec.and melee weapon just got 2000 exp  and that means other 3 players kill less then 50 enemy "together" , even i use rhino or nova spawn powerful aoe, other player can still get 50-80 kill "if they really want to kill", but most of them just stand and wait the game end.

DE plz think a solution, maybe the "stack and gain weapon exp" system already out day.

Do you mean that they stood there while you did the work for them? I have a theory, I think they might have just felt like they weren't contributing and shouldn't bother. If one or two guys keep nuking all the enemies quickly, then the rest of the team has nothing to do, and I've seen this on endless defense maps as well. Only 2 people really need to be attacking for the most part and the rest of the team basically has to sit on their thumbs and wait for it to end because there aren't any kills for them to get.

Do you mean that they stood there while you did the work for them? I have a theory, I think they might have just felt like they weren't contributing and shouldn't bother. If one or two guys keep nuking all the enemies quickly, then the rest of the team has nothing to do, and I've seen this on endless defense maps as well. Only 2 people really need to be attacking for the most part and the rest of the team basically has to sit on their thumbs and wait for it to end because there aren't any kills for them to get.

M.D is diffence to defence, MB have too many enemy and teammate could always get 50-80kills even other 3 nuke the map, and MB you need move to points and defence, player can't nuke everything because most enemy spawn in random place when you moving. 

50-80kill already can share 8000-9000exp, 2000exp is sure "afk"

Edited by Cary2010haha

Ya I tested out the XP sharing on kappa. I did 3 runs where I used the gun I was leveling pretty much exclusively. I was killing mostly everything and did the majority of the work. At the end I got 14k XP which isn't bad. Then I did a run and afk leeched. I just stood in a corner near the enemies but where they couldnt shoot me. I killed only maybe 20 enemies from going to the exit. On all my weapons, I got 21k XP and 28k on my frame. DE is just making an incentive to leech <_<.

no one "has to sit and do nothing." even if there are 2 novas ulting every chance you can always get around 50~80 kills MINIMUM.

after forma appeared, there are 2 common issues i have been experiencing in kappa/kiste:

1. afk - they just sit and afk. many times there are frost or vauban so they just sit on the pod. Also, afk players have less aggro than the pod. so if there are side by side, mobs usually just rush the pods, making the rest of the team to use ult or etc to carry the afks.

2. bring unranked frames - jesus these people just die every minute. if you press "z" button it displays the shield and hp amount. yes other players can tell if you brought unranked frames.

"oh i just forma'd" is not a valid excuse. go tolstoj and kill vor once or twice. you'll be rank 5. considering you'd potato before formaing, you'd have about 15 mod points with aura. that means you can easily put on 200% redirection and some warframe skills to contribute to kills.

its very understandable if you bring unranked weapons, as long as you bring a good alternative weapons to kill, or bring rhino/saryn/nova/mag and toss a few ults. (ie. bring unranked primary, kill with secondaries. levelling in kappa/kiste is basically by not using your crappy weapon and relying on teammates that use that type, while you contribute your exp with your "good" weapons.)

contrary to what people believe, exp from ult kills goes straight to warframe exp for yourself. for your teammate, it splits 4 way evenly, so warframe and each weapons get the same amount. (which is why you see such high melee exp even if no one used it)

(weapon kills follow the normal exp rule and every gets the exp on that specific weapon)

currently as long as kills are done close by the squad, everyone shares the same pool, and bonus exp from killing isnt enough reward b/c who cares if you get 7k more exp when you get 20~30k exp in each weapons+warframe.

also we need some restrictions to prevent people that brings everything unranked and just keep dying.

Edited by Byfe

people just formaing isn't an excuse for dying constantly.  play smart. You can equip an aura for 14 mod capacity and equip a redirection and vitality.  Problem solved till you get more levels.

people just formaing isn't an excuse for dying constantly.  play smart. You can equip an aura for 14 mod capacity and equip a redirection and vitality.  Problem solved till you get more levels.

Actually you have 14 points at unrank with aura, that means you can use ulta-.-!,with a"-"slot u can also carry a steamline. <----unrank doesn't mean useless

Edited by Cary2010haha

It definitely needs tuned somehow. The question is how?

I mean, it's hard to just say "limit the exp sharing" because what if you're grouped with a flow, focus, streamline, stretch, aoe user? You won't get to kill much of anything and if we're cutting exp from other players by 60% or so, then we run into a problem don't we? Though you could call that player inconsiderate, but that's just a band-aid patch that goes from stopping leechers to dramatically enhancing the killkillkill atmosphere and downplays the team aspect. I get that "it works" but it's not the correct solution.

I dunno, maybe something like power kills give 80% shared exp to nearby players that are in combat(a.k.a. they must have shot and/or killed something in the last 3 seconds). Weapon kills give 30% shared exp.

Which you might gripe a few things there "but what's the point of bringing other people if they reduce my exp!?" Well the thing here, is that we're specifically talking about defense and mobile defense, and even more specifically, mobile defense. Where mobile defense spawns enemies faster and faster as you're able to kill them. Therefor, as long as your 3 other teammates are keeping up with you in kills, they could nearly double the exp amount you're getting, while if you're not able to score anywhere close to them in kills, you'll get around solo amounts of exp.

Though this needs followed up by one more aspect. Energy orbs need to become more and more rare as the defense goes on. Otherwise the power user I mentioned before, becomes all 4 members of the team just spamming to their heart's content and getting massive exp for everyone.

Now this is just one "possible" solution that, although still a bit of a band-aid, it's not easily torn away. Feel free to come up with your own solutions.

Edited by Ghobe

M.D is diffence to defence, MB have too many enemy and teammate could always get 50-80kills even other 3 nuke the map, and MB you need move to points and defence, player can't nuke everything because most enemy spawn in random place when you moving. 

50-80kill already can share 8000-9000exp, 2000exp is sure "afk"

Unless you're actually defending the point, in which case if there's an Ember choking up one lane then there won't be any kills to get there. One player's efficiency takes away from another's. If there are 2 nukes playing efficiently then there won't be kills left for anyone else. I don't doubt that people go AFK sometimes, but if you expect me to believe that you can "always get 50-80 kill" that's ridiculous. The people that get 300+ kills while their teammates feed off their scraps are as much a problem as the people sitting around only occasionally getting kills.