Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Defense And T3 Defense

DKage

I don't like either one of them. I don't really like either t1 or t2 defense, but those are so easy that anyone can do it and you don't have to worry about other player's gear. In fact I hate all defenses that have a countdown. I'm forced to do x number of waves to receive 1 item that is completely random and if it turns out to be something I don't want, what happens? Disappointment. The knowledge that I've just wasted this fairly decent amount of time to get what turns out to be complete crap.

Starting with Nightmare defense. Last time I checked it's 15 waves of pure crap. I'm after 1 mod that I can get in any other nightmare anywhere else and take a crap less time to do it in. If there is a higher chance for certain mods in Nightmare defense at higher levels then there is worth. Otherwise it's a waste of my time and not even remotely fun to me. Course the same goes with high level nightmare missions of any kind. Why even bother doing the higher level ones at all? Is the drop rate for certain mods there higher than the ones at lower levels?

Now tower defense missions. I hate them with a passion. Especially tower 3. 20 waves of pure annoying crap. Just before I decided to do this post I was in a t3 defense and the host's internet crapped out and we all DCed out of the defense. We were on the last wave of all things for it to happen, too. You realise how upsetting that is?  T3 is harder than the lower ones, but by far the most annoying. Not in difficulty, but in the amount of time I'm burning here. ESPECIALLY if the only reason you're there is to get one piece since you don't have a choice in going to a different key. If I had captures or mobile defenses I'd be doing them all day. The defense bores the living crap out of me. I know that MDs can take some time especially if you happen to have 4 data terminals, but they don't bore me like defense missions do.

My argument is pretty weak and selfish, I know. Ultimately, however, it all comes down to time. Defense missions take the longest by far. The strategy it boils down to for me is... how do I wipe everything out faster so I can hurry up and get out of here. T3 defense is more a chore to me than anything else. Nightmare defense... isn't even on my radar. It just isn't worth my time. Side note... I hate alert defense missions too. All that hassle. Games are fun, right? Defense is that job no one wants to do. That is my opinion on it.

This does not include regular defense. My motivations for doing defense are different and therefore not a problem for me.

Actually my friends and I do T3 Defense at least once a day for the hek of it, we don't even need anything from it anymore. It's quite fun. However, I do agree that it's way too much work, compared to other missions you can acquire similar loot out of. In the time it takes to complete a T3 Defense you could've rushed T3 Capture more than a dozen times, and for someone who's dead set on acquiring a specific part it's insanely annoying. Maybe increase the amount of rewards?

I tried out T3 defense today, and it was terrible. Aside from having to kill 20 waves of enemies that start off at level 50~ and are therefore already stupidly spongy, they don't even seem to have any proper pathfinding. Instead of trying to hide behind the railings or move in closer, they just clustered in a huge bunch near the cryopod and fired at it. I mean, seriously?

Edited by PaperAlien

Yeah I'm not complaining about difficulty. That isn't an issue. The only problem I have is the length of time it takes. Even worse is if the host drops at any point in the run. You've just wasted all that time. Time that you can't just breeze through by rushing next time, but HAVE to take the same slow route each and every time.