Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passive Traits.

AlvaroXDM

Sometimes, a Warframe has a gameplay-changing mechanic that makes it, or would make it unique, but due to Energy costs and the ultimates, they aren't used at all. When I started playing Saryn I felt this with Contagion, a really nice skill, but the energy cost would never be useful due to Miasma's DPS and Mold's utility.

Also, when playing with Rhino, I felt that the tank-theme fit really well, in his base stats, so he was a tanky Warframe all along....the passive traits I mean are mainly because of that - making warframe less energy dependant to fit their role and be unique.

Most of this suggestions are to make melee more viable, as how it is atm it isn't really a great option.

A couple of examples:

Saryn: could leave the Contagion slot free for a new skill - and make Saryn passively deal that extra damage with her blades. That would give her tankyness and Mold a way more useful aproach, as she would favor melee to make use of her passive. Another option is to give her a passive skin like "Acid Blood", making use of her high HP pool to damage enemies in an AoE radius when she is damaged.

Volt: To make use of his Speed and his electric theme, you could make him have the possibility to shock/stagger nearby enemies when moving or using melee skills.

Nyx: Give a % posibility to control the mind of an opponent that hits you in melee range, or that is hit by your melee weapon. Same effect as your number 1 skill, but shorter duration (Or same effect than 3, it would be the same).

Ember - even though Overheat would have a similar effect, make melee hits on ember, or gunfire lit up the air, like small fire-explosions, dealing fire AoE damage. That way it would be worth getting in melee range with Ember.

Excalibur: make his super-jump ability a passive, he would always be able to jump higher, and thus have a stronger melee-jump attack when landing.

Mag: to use her pull freely, and get lots of enemies close for crushing them, she could have a "repulsion" passive, that would have the chance to knockback enemies that use melee on her, with no damage, just like pull's "stun".

Rhino: make him have a % chance of when being hit by melee or by gunfire go berserk, gaining extra melee attack speed and charge damage.

Frost: chilling aura - an aura that lowers the melee speed and fire rate of extremely close enemies - 2 meter maybe?

Trinity: energy drain - just as energy vampire, but on yourself. Any enemy hitting you would be "drained" of his energy, replenishing your energy by a %.

Loki: Trickster - Enemies hitting a decoy, or Loki hitting enemies while invisible would recharge his energy and stamina. So he could still run around slashing enemies while invisible, or continue to taunt enemies with his decoys.

Hope you like the suggestion, ofc all feedback is welcome :) 
Have a great day! :)
Edited by AlvaroXDM

418418_365202603510176_100000613185628_1

Forget about Ash.

Nice idea by the way, as a melee centric person i would like for melee to be more viable.

It's just that nothing came up when thinking about Ash - maybe a higher chance of using the "unadverted melee"? Or turn into smoke and dodge some melee attacks instead of knockback/stagger?