Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Win This Time, Jackal

IcarusNine

Level 72 Jackal from the recent Vauban Systems alert.

The Jackal launches his sticky grenades in a large spread, which, as a watch from a safe distance, incapacitates everyone but me.  No worries, me to the rescue!  I proceed to attempt reviving one of them directly in front of Jackal, because there's no reason not to.  The disquieting sound of another volley of sticky grenades is heard.  No worries, I immediately dagger-fly my way out of there like a startled flea.  Then, just as my feet are about to touch the cold reassurance of a metal floor...

[ REVIVE // FORFEIT ]

The Jackal made sure to stuff all of the sticky grenades in my backpack when he sent me on my way, enough to kill me instantly.  No incapacitation, no red HUD indicator, no slow fade to black... Just the peaceful soothing glow of the Revival dialogue.

And that was how Jackal killed the entire team.

Of course, everyone revived and mopped the floor with him after, but that was a special moment.

I liked your story, I admit it.

But this is not the section to do it, sorry.

Technically he is providing feedback about his gameplay experience, so it sorta counts.

As for insta-kills, they should really make it so you take significant;y reduced damage when incapped. Of course, in the future, I strongly recommend crippling it's leg prior to rescuing anyone from sticky grenades, it actually has a really long stun period after taking out it's leg, and as long as no one damages him, you can easily run across the room to revive someone with time to spare (I had to do it like 5 times during that alert).

Its really annoying about the instakills at any level when fighting him. Right now, I find that when playing solo, there's just only one way to kill him, and that is to stay far away and snipe him. Wish there would be other methods available in the future.

Basically, Jackal's attack is overpowered, unfair, and "cheap" by any reckoning.

...But it can still be fun, so long as you have a revive.

It's hard to make an argument for such a self-contradictory statement without telling a story.

Of course, in the future, I strongly recommend crippling it's leg prior to rescuing anyone from sticky grenades, it actually has a really long stun period after taking out it's leg, and as long as no one damages him, you can easily run across the room to revive someone with time to spare (I had to do it like 5 times during that alert).

I might remember that, though it's not often that Jackal's grenade attack takes out all 3 other players.  I have generally relied on his shockwave knocking me to safety while the revive function still progresses.  But, of course, they fixed that.

This reminds me of Nightmare Vor sticking his tesla grenades to my Sentinel.

I think the Jackal's volley of grenades are... necessary. They are horrendously strong, yes, but nothing else really makes him a threat, even at low levels.

EDIT: If DE decided to change the HP threshold for his legs and his chassis, then we can talk about adjusting his grenades.

Edited by SilentCynic