Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Stalker dangerous again

Velveteen

1 hour ago, el_chanis said:

Doesn,t matter how "harder" it is if it is necesary. You are purposing a band-aid. We need a system overhaul, and we needed it for a very long time. Damage scaling and armor are broken.

A complete system overhaul is something that while it may be necessary, is way beyond the topic proposed on OP - making Stalker dangerous again. 

Calling my idea a band-aid is a matter of opinion, not fact; smart use of available mechanics may be labeled either a band-aid or creative combination, or organic growth, or countless other adjectives, depending on how well it is executed. 

My idea is simpler and more achievable in a shorter term than a complete overhaul - although I have proposed time and again changes to scaling and status mechanics as well. But that is a different topic. 

Although PvP game modes are not nearly as popular for its own reasons, it has its own balancing, and I am very curious to how it could be used in a PvE environment to create challenge.

6 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

That's why my idea is to have Stalker's lockdown also lock plain mods, and replace their effect with the PvP mods while Stalker is bobbing around. PvP is a completely different power envelope. 

I think a simpler approach would be to add something that makes us only deal PVP weapon/power damage to Stalker, then remove PVE scaling from Stalker, giving him above average conclave stats. That way our damage remains unchanged against regular enemies, but for Stalker we're on a slightly more level playing field. Quite a few games make PVE skills/powers/abilities/weapons do reduced damage against other players or special enemies to limit their effectiveness without massively affecting everything else.

For example:

"Damage reduced in PVP." Meaning it will do less against a player, but remains unchanged against regular enemies.

zuECYXk.png

Edited by -YoRHa-

Stalker isn't weak, our builds have become stronger, operator can join the fight and somewhere in between certain mods are sold too cheap.  you can slow down a player with mastery rank but you can't keep  player from selling a primed mod for 20p.  not every issue in this game is mechanical, players get around things faster than devs can identify the game's flaws.