Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which riven to use?

khangalanga

Question

Hey everyone, I just got a hold of two dragon nikana rivens and I was wondering which one I should use. Here are the pictures of the rivens: https://imgur.com/a/JX6WI

If you didn't want to click the link, the stats are:
Dragon Nikana Sci-acridra

+119.9 crit damage

+66.7% attack speed

+160.3% slash damage

-112% finisher damage

Dragon Nikana Visi-toxinem

+216.6% melee damage

+9.7% combo duration

+114.6% toxin damage

-130% finisher damage

I had originally gotten the first one, but then I got the second one would be better because of raw damage. However, I don't know if the raw damage from melee damage + toxin outweighs the damage loss from the crit damage and slash damage. In comparing the two rivens, I even made a pro con list of using the first one (sci-acridra) versus the second one (visi-toxinem).

Pros:

- Has crit damage which goes well with blood rush

- Has attack speed which outdoes primed fury and pretty much replaces berserker

- Has bonus slash damage which is finisher damage 

Cons:
- Less raw damage between both melee damage + toxin damage

- Has to use drifting contact compared to other riven's inclusion off combo duration

TL;DR Which one do I use for better damage output? Any and all feedback is appreciated!

3 answers to this question

1st one, attack speed = dps, slash = more slash proccs on status and +crit dmg is a top level multiplier. it close between dmg vs crit dmg here imo but i think the combination makes the 1st riven better. personally i only play 1 weapon with combo counter and that only because of a riven i rolled for it which is overall pretty good but generally i dont use combo counter builds. if someone does play with combo counter builds the 1st is still better simply due to how well crit dmg scales with higher crit chance. if u dont use combo counter builds its always opinion dmg vs crit dmg vs crit chance vs attack speed vs elemental. every stat has its advantage and disadvantage, like crit chance resulting in more dps due to more crits and crit dmg getting higher even tho fewer crits. its always personal preferrence even tho someone could make accurate math and it would show a clear "better" or "worse". in any case i would pick the 1st, imo its by far better.

Edited by Xydeth