Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Difficulty.

weikor

First off, thanks for making this game, I've played 130 hours so far, and its entertained me a lot but....

I think theres a big problem with  difficulty in this game. 

Players like to be challenged, I've seen many games fail because they dont tend to casuals or because the learning curve is too steep.

But more so I'd like to talk about the lack of difficulty in games. Its really important too.

- A  game thats unbeatable and stresses you out all the time is no fun, neither is a game where you can AFK through the hardest map.

I'm  generally pretty good at RPGs, and shooters - and I recall the first 40-50 hours of this game beeing very tough and challenging . I didnt invest platinum and was running around with un-polarised un-reactored weapons and the MAG warframe. - often I would just be carried by my team because I dealt no damage

Then I invested 8 euros into this game, the stalker dropped "despair" and the banshee warframe finished at around the same time.

From then on, within a few Days the game became much too easy. Armor Ignore makes a weapon redicculously strong. Without lying, I instantly dealt around 5-10x my original damage. 

Now Im oneshotting every normal enemy. In defence missions my friends play vauban or frost or both. With the rocket launcher.

I usually run around just shooting something - anything -  half brain AFK because it doesnt matter anyway. I level all my weapons and frames really quickly, to the point where theres no reason to do anything else but those boring defence missions to 20.

By now I've played frost myself - It just makes defenses WAYYYY too easy and dull.

Now the game is getting boring, my friends are slowly quitting due to the lack of challenge. - often compensated with pvp in other games.

For a strict PVE Game, this game needs more hard stuff at the end.

You know, it's quite funny how you take overpowered weapon, use overpowered skills. installing top notch mods, choose the fastest to grind mission type and then claim that game is too easy. Nobody throws you in it and that's the reason why even "Friends" system exists. You are not supposed to add buddys from RL and stopped on this one, it's about adding every person it was fun to play with to be able to gather crowd for any alternative fights. Like 4 volts purgatory without making a shot I made 15 hours ago. Take a consideration that difference in experience lies within changing loadouts, running with viper and running with despair so different we can get a molecule from it.

For a strict PVE Game, this game needs more hard stuff at the end.

Define "hard"

Because as is, I'm pretty disincentivized from going beyond level 30/40ish areas in the game because, well:

[Elite Grineer Lancer, accidentally left out the name. Also, ignore all damage values in the following images, a friend told me after I made most of these that the damage enemies can do aren't on the same scale the player version of their weapons use. Derp.]

p2ttmcxv.nsz.png

(Maximum of 1000 used for y value range,)

ok24qmdt.l2m.png

(Maximum of 1000 used)

rugm5sue.fvy.png

(Maximum of 1500 used)

unanvdhz.wk4.png

(Maximum of 3000 used)

qn0o3khb.e4o.png

(Maximum of 4000 used)

ggt2pszs.d5y.png

(Maximum of 10000 used)

I mean, I used 10000 for the ancient disruptor because I was getting curious as to exactly what sort of value it would take before I could see how high health would get at level 100 for a heavy enemy.

As you can all see, that wasn't high enough.

I'm starting to see exactly why level 30ish areas like Kappa are popular farming spots. You get decent amounts of XP, without having to go through "Bullet Sponge 2: More Bullets, More Spongier" that is basically the rest of the areas that are higher in terms of level.