Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The full story/game Dark Sector and its sequel should be introduced as Quests in Warframe... And here's why!

(XBOX)Ancient Weapon

36 minutes ago, SarcasticShepard said:

Warframe is the game DE wanted to make instead of what Dark Sector was, but corporate meddling made it so much more generic.

Behold! The original idea for Dark Sector!

(Bonus points for every similarity you spot)

Yep... Pretty cool! I'd actually read about this some time back, but I don't recall watching a video on it... I wanted to add... this very type of thing is why they could go even deeper with Hayden's and all other Tenno's stories "For Generations we slept..." is enough to tie it all together! This presentation's events appear to post date what we'd been shown in the later and actual Dark Sector release.

Edited by (XB1)Ancient Weapon

I'm going to ignore all the stuff said so far and state this. Yes, Warframe is a spiritual successor to Dark Sector. So, directly tying them would not be best. It constrains the developers by pacing Warframe in a box with perameters set by a game that they had to comparamise too much for. Unless, DE decides to pivot back to that source material. It is their perogotive. 

I have thought about making Dark Sector remake projects to learn game development. Sort of piece by piece make elements of the game on engines like, Unreal or Unity. A total remake is likely beyond the scope of anyone one or even a small team to do in a decent amount of time with no money, even with all the progress in technology. But, I would still like it to cut my teeth on. 

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ancient Weapon said:

Yep... Pretty cool! I'd actually read about this some time back, but I don't recall watching a video on it... I wanted to add... this very type of thing is why they could go even deeper with Hayden's and all other Tenno's stories "For Generations we slept..." is enough to tie it all together! This presentation's events appear to post date what we'd been shown in the later and actual Dark Sector release.

That concept video was from c. 2003-05. It was the showcase that Steve Sinclair traveled with to try and get a producer. They ultimately ended up with one that said sci-fi was week and that they should make it like Call of Duty. Hence the Cold War bent on the released version. 

If you go back even further, Dark Sector was to be a spiritual successor to Unreal. You would play space bounty hunters among interstellar corporations.