The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hardware Suggestions For Hosting

Dragonblade_901

Well I have been playing Warframe since closed beta and with my current hardware I was able to host any run without FPS drop. However when I solo this game I get 70fps+ in any situation. The network is perfectly fine because no one else lags at all. I just receive FPS drop when hosting 3 or more people. So I need some hardware suggestions on upgrading. So here is what I have. I know AMD Processors are capable of running this game as well as hosting....I just think the A-Series APU's are.....not designed like they should have been designed for.

CPU: AMD A4-5300 3.4GHz Dual Core (I know this CPU has the speed and the hardware to host however it acts like it's bottlenecking. I have no idea how to tell accurately if it is bottlenecking because most programs I used in the past are inaccurate. Could it also be that it's because it's an APU and not a CPU?)

RAM: 4GB 1600MHz DDR3

GPU: AMD HD Radeon R7750 GDDR5 2GB

Warframe gets pretty CPU limited at points, especially when hosting. I typically run a 4.3GHz 3930k and can still encounter scenarios where my CPU is the weakest link.

A faster processor will likely improve things.

APU isn't the issue, not in and of itself anyway. It's still a CPU, it just as a GPU sitting along side it. If you aren't using the IGP, there is virtually no difference between the cores in an A4 and an FX-x3xx processor. However, these core are still individually weak, and you don't have very many of them, not that Warframe appears to be especially well threaded anyway.

You should be able to tell if your CPU is the limiting factor with something as basic as Task Manager.