Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vor's Invulnerability

Toom1275

While Vor being a teleporting coward and becoming bubble-boss twice in the fight is sort-of understandable, I don't like the idea that he magically becomes invulnerable BEFORE the bubble has been deployed, and remains so for a bit afterward. Every 1/3 of his health, he stops taking any kind of damage, drops a bubble untils his shield recharges, then the bubble drops, and he seems to remain invulnerable until his first teleport afterward.

On the occasion I've taken a Rhino to the fight, this causes a bit of annoyance with Rhino Stomp. I'd hold him stationary in the air and perforate him with my vipers, yet he'd stop taking damage even while he's still floating. If I time my stomp until just after he leaves the bubble and start shooting, his shield bar doesn't drop by a single pixel.

The invulnerability is probably there in the first place to protect him from puncture mods going through the bubble, and from ults being able to hit him while he's recharging (both of which would make the bubble pretty useless). It just needs to be tweaked to better match the times the shield is actually up.

IIRC one of the patch notes mentions that they added stuff to stop overly strong attacks from skipping stages and murderizing Vor in one go. Suspect this has to do with it. Otherwise he'd get killed while he's still doing his deploying bubble animation.

(Plus you can actually get inside the bubble if you're meleeing Vor when he puts it up)

Edited by Kyte

I had an awkward moment where I was AFK the whole game, and came back to see that Vor had teleported to me all the way back at the initial spawn. They should fix his teleport!

Or maybe I shouldn't be dumb and go AFK after joining a game derp

If you want it more "realistic", Vor can perform a warcry like Phorid but without the damage. Players can't attack him until the invulnerability is visible (the bubble). It's good to cap the damage like that (the Jackal is crazy here) so boss fights need more time and feel more like them. Maybe DE can change the general behavior of them after each stage. And please remove the sentence "You hide behind that (warframe). Face me like a true warrior!" - he hides behind his own Iron Skin Bubble. Such a warrior ;)

I agree that his bubble stage is a pretty bad idea. It's unsatisfying to be clobbering him only to have him, "Hold on, I need a break." and bubble for ~10 seconds. While it is nice that we get a break too, I feel it could be handled differently.

Lotus warns of his ability to teleport, what if they used that instead of his bubble. At the 66 and 33 percent marks of his life, he starts rapidly teleporting around the arena, only appearing for split seconds until his shields recharge. While he is doing this, he isn't attacking, letting us recharge as well, just like the bubble does. But, he's still vulnerable while teleporting, maybe even more so. If you can react fast enough, or maybe figure out a pattern he might have, you could interrupt his teleportation evasion phase and hit him, maybe for bonus damage or a stun.

This would need a few safe guards, like needing gun or melee damage and making him temporarily immune to frame abilities (So Ember can't just World of Fire him out, or Vauban Bastille him into suspended animation), but it would be a lot more enjoyable than invincibility bubble while also becoming more skill based and satisfying if you did manage to interrupt him.

If you want it more "realistic", Vor can perform a warcry like Phorid but without the damage. Players can't attack him until the invulnerability is visible (the bubble). It's good to cap the damage like that (the Jackal is crazy here) so boss fights need more time and feel more like them. Maybe DE can change the general behavior of them after each stage. And please remove the sentence "You hide behind that (warframe). Face me like a true warrior!" - he hides behind his own Iron Skin Bubble. Such a warrio

Every heavy grineer can unleash a shockwave, maybe Vor can use his magic key to do one as well.

I still can't see what the problem is being able to annihilate Vor before he can get deploy his first bubble. If you / your team can do that, 'gratz to you. It also makes sense for him to be invulnerable while the bubble's up - it would theoretically shield him from powers as well as bullets. I just want the invincibility to wait until the bubble's actually up before kicking in, and not linger after it's gone.